Cheapest way to improve suspension or shocks?

Hi, I'm planning to put alloys on my Skoda Fabia 1 HTP MK2, and someone mentioned that if I were going to put new alloys on it, I would be better benefitted if I upgraded suspension and shocks because they are only standard at the moment.

He also suggested that I post on this MK1 forum as more of you may know some information for me.

So do anyone of you have any suggestions about the cheapest or best ways to improve suspension or shocks? Or do you think that the ride would be ok if I only upgraded to alloys? Any help would be appreciated as I'm new to this :)

Edited by JoshKeefii

Unless something is wrong with your stock suspension or you have money to burn then stick with just doing the alloys. If you do have money to burn speak to your insurer first and see how much they want for alloys and suspension upgrades, it may be bugger all or it may be ridiculous but it's always better to know before hand.

Thanks, I was planning on doing it in July before I renew my insurance policy in September. Do you think the ride wouldn't be harsh and bouncy (as someone suggested to me) if I leave suspension the same?

Edited by JoshKeefii