Help ! my LCD display has disappeared after wiping display

Hi just had same problem after wiping perspex cover over instrument panel. Lcd just stopped working. Did Internet seach and found this forum. Disconnected battery, cleaned terminal maybe 2 minutes and reconnected battery. Lcd panel working now. Just wanted to say thanks for advice thankyou! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I’ve just joined to say thank you so much!!! My daughter cleaned my car today and the display disappeared. Just disconnected the battery for 15 mins and I have my display back! I cannot thank you guys enough!!!

• Like 1

YEAH, I HAVE FOUND JUST POPPING OFF THE EARTH LEAD FOR A FEW SECONDS USUALLY DOES THE TRICK FOR THIS ISSUE. IT IS MOST LIKELY A DESIGN FEATURE, TO PREVENT THE LCD SCREEN FROM SHORTING OUT. REMOVING THE EARTH AND RE-FITTING, IS LIKE POPPING IN A NEW FUSE!

• 6 months later...

Same problem with my LCD display, tried turning the ignition on and off , that didn't solve it. Disconnected battery also for 1hr, that didn't solve it either, no settings were lost on the car, and it just light up a steering error when I reconnected the battery, and now it looks more white lines . Does anyone else have this problem and any possible solution?

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-29 at 17.05.41_d0026dfa.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-29 at 17.05.42_f5ec20bd.jpg