Injector seal change on 1.8t engine

Has any one done this before and do I need any special tools,to change the seals on the injectors on 1.8t engine please.

Sorry if it been covered before can only find diesel guides many thanks lee

Edited by flearat87

Do you mean the injector seats in the manifold or the seals on the injectors themselves?

The fuel rail is held by two bolts (5mm hex needed) then it lifts up and seals on the injectors can be changed by hand (2 rubber seals on each)

The injector seats screw into the manifold, and the injectors push into them.

They are plastic and get brittle with age and can fail. You need a 20mm hex tool to unscrew them and they often disintegrate so this is best done with manifold out of car.

You can see them in this photo:

5416011048_1f2d57ca9b_b.jpg

Seals and seats are all pretty cheap to replace.

Thanks for the reply mate. not to sure If both need replacing ,i noticed the other day they that they were leaking around the injectors and thought would be best to replace the both of them whilst had them off. Many thanks for the info buddie will be a great help .;-)

Ok thanks mate gone get on do that this afternoon . as you have filled me with the world of confidence now you made it sound so easy.

thanks again mate

Done mine a few weeks back. Get this kit http://mrinjectoruk.co.uk/Bosch-0280155-0280156-fuel-injector-service-ovehaul-kit-18-P971642.aspx

The pintles that hold the seals in place can break so you may need to fit the replacements, I did mine just removing the injector rail, stuff the holes in the inlet manifold with kitchen roll, scrub the area with carb cleaner, then Hoover out any debris on top of the kitchen roll, fit the new seals and replace the rail.

Ok thanks mate. what's the quality like on the kit,because spoke to local vw/skoda dealer and they quoted nearly 45 quid... :-/

It's OEM quality mate, no need to go to the dealer, they can't proved the plastic pintels if they break anyway, they will tell you you need to buy new injectors

• 1 year later...