Will a Thule G6 Cycle Carrier fit on the Yeti Tow Bar?

Yeti Dave

Hi - I am ordering a new Yeti and will need a tow bar with a 50mm standard tow ball so that I can mount my Thule G6 Cycle Rack. Currently, I mount it on an AL-KO tow ball on my Mondeo. From looking at the brochure, it looks as if the Skoda one is a detachable type. Does anyone know if the Thule G6 Cycle rack will fit on this? Or will I need to get someone other than Skoda to fit an AL-KO type - and in which case should I still go for the Skoda tow bar preparation option? I do not wish to fit the bar myself, and was rather disappointed with the quality of work from one of the national tow bar companies when they fitted a bar to my present Mondeo. Any advice would be great!

Dave,

This video:

appears to show ALL the Thule cycle racks being fitted to the swan neck type tow balls, which is what Skoda fit as standard.

Doing a quick Google search also seems to show the same.

Hi - I am ordering a new Yeti and will need a tow bar with a 50mm standard tow ball so that I can mount my Thule G6 Cycle Rack. Currently, I mount it on an AL-KO tow ball on my Mondeo. From looking at the brochure, it looks as if the Skoda one is a detachable type. Does anyone know if the Thule G6 Cycle rack will fit on this? Or will I need to get someone other than Skoda to fit an AL-KO type - and in which case should I still go for the Skoda tow bar preparation option? I do not wish to fit the bar myself, and was rather disappointed with the quality of work from one of the national tow bar companies when they fitted a bar to my present Mondeo. Any advice would be great!

Dave

Do you think you could increase your font size please? I've just bruised my nose on the monitor! :rofl:

Fred