Looks like end of road for me with Superb

Prices of facelifted model announced widely in motoring press yesterday-What Car, Autocar etc. S twindoor is up to just shy of £20K. (but not showing on configurator at all just now despite all other models now available)

Given the fruits of my loins are both intending to go to University this autumn, much though I like the Superb the leasing costs/BIK etc will be too expensive for me to replace like with like when my lease expires- need to order my new car around October so just started lookng for alternatives. Downsizing looks likely as with no sprogs at home cant justify limo sized car anymore.

New Octy has good CO2 and economy numbers, but leaves me cold- had a look the other day in the dealers and wasnt attracted to looks etiher internally or internally.

Rapid is a nicer looking car (dash is son of Superb) but cant understand why as a smaller lighter car than Octy the CO2 and economy figures are so much worse for the same engine size

Fabia is copable with size wise, but is now old hat, Space is good but economy is well of the pace for other new super minis

Current contenders are Fiesta 1.0ecoboost Titanium X, or the upcoming NIssan Note in Ntec guise- later looks especially good with lots of toys, similar price to Fabia, and stonking economy.CO2 quoted- reviews of current car indicate generally dull but not far behind Fiesta for driving experience.

Superb is still the best car I think I have owned, and will be a wrench to send it back but life moves on and need to adapt to circumstances

Skoda just sent this ...may be of use......have you thought about a yeti...loads of space and fun as well

http://www.skoda.co....at#.UYyT8bXvt8E

The yeti to me still looks like one of those vans that are used for transporting wheelchairs.

I'm getting out of the Superb when my lease comes to an end as well, I can't justify the high bik costs and only getting 350 miles max for nearly £80 worth of petrol!

The Mazda CX-5 is my favourite at the moment but I've got about a year to run.

Skoda just sent this ...may be of use......have you thought about a yeti...loads of space and fun as well

http://www.skoda.co....at#.UYyT8bXvt8E

This still has the "old" VAT offer for the Superb, i.e. all of the hatch are VAT-free, and all of the petrol combis. New Octavia is specifically carved out. Has anyone asked participating dealers for VAT-free on the FL Superb?

This still has the "old" VAT offer for the Superb, i.e. all of the hatch are VAT-free, and all of the petrol combis. New Octavia is specifically carved out. Has anyone asked participating dealers for VAT-free on the FL Superb?

I specifically asked this question on the SUK Facebook page and the answer was no, the 0% VAT doesn't apply to the facelift Superb even in petrol form (and they've dropped the 2.0 TFSI anyway). They did hint that other offers might be in the pipeline, frankly I would be surprised if there isn't something else soon. Dealer finance deposit contributions seem to be the favourite at the moment, even BMW and Audi are at it.

(and they've dropped the 2.0 TFSI anyway).

Maybe worthwhile to mention that it's only dropped on the combi - you'll still get it on the FL twin door Elegance and L&K.

Prices of facelifted model announced widely in motoring press yesterday-What Car, Autocar etc. S twindoor is up to just shy of £20K. (but not showing on configurator at all just now despite all other models now available)

Given the fruits of my loins are both intending to go to University this autumn, much though I like the Superb the leasing costs/BIK etc will be too expensive for me to replace like with like when my lease expires- need to order my new car around October so just started lookng for alternatives. Downsizing looks likely as with no sprogs at home cant justify limo sized car anymore.

Totally understand where you are coming from, whilst i do appreciate the benefits that the Superb gives me (in terms of space for the family), I could live without it given the space attributes of the new Octavia Combi.

For the it's the BIK which I concentrate on and OK the new Superb has dropped by c15% - my current 2.0 CR 140 has come down from 143 to 121. But for the price of Superb SE 2.0 140 I can get an Elegance 2.0 150 DSG with emissions of 119, or the manual @ 110.

The Superb is a good car but IMO not a great car.

My dealer has told me the facelifted Superb will not be offered on a VAT free deal. I'm awaiting delivery of my new motor Superb 20cdi 140ps Elegance, expected first week in July,

Maybe worthwhile to mention that it's only dropped on the combi - you'll still get it on the FL twin door Elegance and L&K.

Not according to this link: http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/superbhatch/new-superb/prices

The default pricing on the SUK site still lists the 2.0 TFSI but all the listings are "stock only", i.e pre-FL.

Quite what the logic of dropping the 2.0 TFSI (which is still available in other markets) but keeping the V6 escapes me.