TRS tow strap and tow-eye mount

gac

I have a green TRS tow strap, used, which I bought for use on my vRS. Unfortunately it was still too big to fit in with my Forge intercooler pipework so it got left off the car and shoved in a cupboard where I found it again the other day. No use to me as the car is now sold and it didn't fit anyway.

Comes with a chopped VAG tow-eye, which has been drilled to accept a bolt through it, and should fit onto any car that doesn't have a Forge FMIC!

Can't remember what I paid for it as I bought it over a year ago, but £20 posted?

Assuming your IC pipework allows it, you can keep it fitted permanently, yes. It just screws in, same as the standard towing eye (left hand threaded bolt) so can be fitted/removed as required. The problem with mine was that the Forge IC pipework runs right across the mounting point and there's barely any clearance between so it was impossible to fit with the IC pipework in place and if I was going to have to remove the IC pipework to get a tow I figured I might as well just use the proper towing eye anyway.

Erm, if you're in the Derby area then potentially, yes. There's not really any need to though, I'll try and explain it.

If the Mk2 vRS is the same as the Mk1 (likely) then your towing eye mount will be near the driver's side foglight. You'll probably find that a section of bumper pulls out and will hopefully expose a threaded hole ~1cm in diameter. The tow strap looks like the attached pic, the short section is a standard towing eye but cut down, this would screw into said hole. The strap is then bolted through the towing eye, and the strap pokes out the front of the car.

On a standard Mk1 vRS there's only a side-mounted intercooler so this would fit fine. On the SEAT Sport style ones, the outlets are in a different place, so would fit fine. I had a Forge FMIC with one outlet on each side, and the exhaust outlet from the intercooler went straight over the threaded hole so nothing could be attached with the pipework in place. As long as you can see the hole on yours and screw your standard towing eye in, you should be able to use this.

Hi

sorry to stick my nose in , but you may be interested .

When my forge fmic was fitted , we put the towing in before starting , then mounted

pipework around it

Thanks Trev

Ah, fair enough. Useful to know, sadly I don't have the car anymore and I didn't fit the FMIC myself, good to know it'll fit though for anyone who wants to buy it :)