key fob stopped working

Hi guys, I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Anyway I was fitting some led lights In the boot tonight and the wires touched by accident while trying them to see what wire went to which (one silver and one gold :-S) and blew the fuse for the boot light. My phone was dead and I'm in the middle of changing internet providers so I have no Internet so couldn't check to see which fuse is which as theres no label on the reverse of the fuse box cover either, so I set away at checking the fuses pulling them one by one (would never usually do this) and once I found the fuse I had to leave it as I haven't got any of the tiny fuses. So anyway I get the wires soldered into the right place and packs my stuff away and tried to lock the car but the key will no longer work but I can still start and drive the car and use the key in the door but I cant get the key to lock/unlock the car by the buttons. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how it js fixed?

Massive thanks for any help in advance!

There was only the 1 blown and that was only for the interior/boot lights. It has me baffled. the other half said the elextric windows arent working anymore either when she drove it today.