1.8TSI DSG Ordered!

TMfSR

I am glad that I opted for the Snow Monster. like you Tiguan with similar options was about 20% more expensive. Ford Escape 2013 does not have AWD in UAE, still have to pay more than Yeti. So happily settled for it. Great drive I must say.

wishing you many, many kilometers on Yeti

subbu

Thanks Subbu - I agree it's a great drive, based on my 350+ km test run. Good to hear from someone who went through a similar process of elimination in choosing the Yeti.

Johann - hopefully the face lifted model will offer a DSG option with whatever engine that replaces the 1.8TSI in the new line up. BTW, your posts (especially the pinned one about things to consider when ordering a Yeti) were invaluable in helping me research the purchase.

• Like 1

Pleasure... no need for other people to struggle is there! Hence I tried to help with that thread. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard from the dealer a couple of days ago that the car had arrived, and was ready for collection once the payments have been finalised. Planning to collect next Friday. So all being well, 23 days from order to collection. Even before seeing the actual car, I have received an email from a Skoda Australia nominated survey firm asking me to report on my purchasing experience, which so far has been excellent. Had the same survey sent to me when I got my Golf 3 years ago.

Dealers here in Oz still seem to have 1.8TSI cars available in the pipeline, which is kind of ironic in the light of the unfortunate experience reported today by UK member theeventhorizon, where his order for a 1.8 petrol engined Yeti was cancelled at short notice.

Oh for a 1.8TSI with DSG in the UK.

I'm enjoying getting to know my new diesel Yeti but after many years with a petrol

car the diesel noise and smell are almost as bad as they were a few years ago

when I had a BMW diesel. I will hopefully get used it it again.

Vowed never to get another diesel again but I wanted DSG and was not convinced

the 1.2 litre petrol version was really up to it. This plus the fact that a local dealer had a

demonstrator with most of the spec I wanted but in the diesel 4X4 version.

Should be very sellable if the new model has the preferred petrol motor.

• 2 weeks later...

Collected the car on Friday - 23 days after the order was placed.

The whole experience was handled very pleasantly and efficiently by Colin at Lennock Skoda. At delivery, he again took his time to explain everything about the car, and even paired my iPhone 5 to the Bolero for me. The only thing different from when I collected my Golf 3 years ago was that on that occasion, the car in the hand-over area was actually covered with a large piece of red fabric, which was ceremonially whipped off to reveal the shiny new car underneath.

Very happy with the Yeti so far (187km on the clock), but I am going to miss the sound of the Golf's 1.4 twin-charger engine driving up the mountain roads with the DSG box in sports mode!

Some quick pics attached. Hope to have some better pictures up when I have had a chance to head out and about.

post-102319-0-76361400-1371992204_thumb.jpg

post-102319-0-59743400-1371992742_thumb.jpg

post-102319-0-62032000-1371992790_thumb.jpg

• Like 3