Intermittent clunking.

Hi all, just a quick one....

I'm getting an intermittent clunking when I go over bumps, pot holes etc.

I've been underneath the car on a ramp, and everything looks perfect (still new even)

The sound sound like its bottoming out. It's not all the time though, that's what's doing my head in. Sometimes it can go a day without doing it, and then it will!

Also it sounds like its coming from the rear n/s

It's doing my head in, and I don't want to take it to skoda for them not to find anything and say nothing's wrong!

Anyone got any thoughts?

It's a monte 1.6tdi btw :-)

Cheers :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The fact it's intermittent is a clue in a funny sort of way so do tell your dealer. My neighbours Fabia had a clunk from the n/s rear. He could not see anything. It did not always make the noise after going over a bump but 40-50% of the time it did. The dealer found a partially disconnected rear silencer mount on one side allowing the exhaust system to hang slightly incorrectly. It wasn't dangerous but was allowing the system to contact a tiny piece of heatshielding on occassions. But you can't rule anything out. If you cannot see anything yourself you must take it to a dealer. If they cannot find it your complaint will be registered and you can go back again another time and it will be found. Just one thing, are you referring to the noise the rear airvent flaps makes. these vent the air/pressure in the car when you close the doors. You can sometimes hear them. It's present when you go over some bumps too sometimes at low speeds. You may just be hearing that if it's not a very loud noise. Always difficult to find these things or give any proper angle on it without hearing it. Good luck.

Hmmmm that sounds interesting ref the silencer.

It's deffo not the air pressure thing. It's too loud, at first I thought it was something lose in the boot, but its not. I shall have to book it in to skoda, hopefully I can wangle a curtesy car as well :-S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD