Power steering leak

I have noticed that I have a leak on the steering rack. I found this yesterday, it is in the passenger side boot. This has a split in it and leaks only when you turn. I was wondering do I just have to replace the boot or is there a seal underneath that has gone? Could you point me in the right direction of what I need to do?

Cheers Tom

You could try some power steering stop leak additive but I think it's not permanent solution and it might do more harm than solve if you plan to change rack anyway. You can't fix it as it's not serviceable part so you need new steering rack. They're quite expensive but you could try refurbished rack. This must be a good business for the steering rack manufacturers as this has happened to me twice already and I think it's quite common. Previously to Astra approx. 3-4 years old and last Fabia about the same age. Both were TRW racks.

Probably return filter to hydraulic line would help but it seems this one has 8mm hose and I've only found fuel filters for that size. Probably that would work but havent dare to try it yet.

there was something along these lines the other day, use the search, bigJase (i think) mentioned something about a leak stop product or something...

search for 'steering rack' or something of that ilk