Hi all, i have recently bought myself my first car and its a skoda felicia, and bought it for £50!!!

I am an apprentice mechanic so general knowledge tells me that skodas are pretty reliable cars! (plus its probably worth more than £50 in scrap)

Anyway, i took it to my garage and put it through an MOT and it only failed on emissions and a top mount. so spent another £50 and repaired it myself and went through the MOT with no advisorys (apart from number plate slightly deteriorated).

Now im looking to put some love into it as it is in very good condition!

Im looking to lower it, and have a new front grill as i really dont like the chrome around the front, but i cant find any parts :/

I posted a recent topic about this but i didnt include details of my car, and people might have thought it was the pick up felicia. also i dont know if the age of the car effects it from the earlier felicias?

Skoda Felicia 1.3, 5 door Hatchback, 2001??

Any help would be appreciated so much!

^ +1 & you can still find em!! :thumbup:

Most of the advice/info you'll need re - mechanical/cosmetics/lowering etc will be lurking on here! + parts availability is still pretty good & there's always you're local scrappy. ;)

I've only owned Felicias for about 2 years and in that time, I have found parts from the dealer or from this country in general have become harder and harder to get and often expensive. There was until recently a website called Jorily, and they were bloody great but now they've gone bust.

When I was at uni in Sheffield, I used to jump on the train to Barnsley (where their shop was) to get car parts as the train ticket was cheaper than shipping cost, haha. It's honestly a great shame they ain't about any longer.

They are still immensely popular in the Czech Republic however, so parts are always available to be shipped from there and there are most often cheaper too.

They are remarkably pleasant cars to work on - I knew totally nothing about cars, but I'm consistently broke so I made a point of fixing everything I could on it, and it has been both a pain in the arse, and a delight at the same time :rofl: As first cars, they make loads of sense, especially over unbearable Corsas or whatever.

Unfortunately, I'll be getting rid of my last Felly shortly and this will mark the end of an era for me :<

Anyway, here's to many happy years of Felly ownership pal! :beer:

Hi Jonesy, sorry to hear the Felly's going mate & as you say the end of an era of ownership!!

I've had Fellys for a decade or so now & must admit have never had any particular problems in getting hold of parts/spares etc. Perhaps it's a regional thing?

Rob ;)

Hi all, will put some pictures up tomorrow!

Does anyone know how easy it will be to detach the front grill and cut off the chrome/repaint and then replace the plastic with some sort of mesh? Just an idea and seeing if anyone has done it before?

• 3 months later...