Regens - am I missing something?

I just read a post about regens and it got me thinking. How do I know when my car is doing one? Is there a sound, a smell or a flashing light on the dashboard? I have a 2.0 tdi Common Rail, with 110bhp. Can't get this engine in a Skoda in the UK, apart form the Yeti. It's so economical so I love the Octavia. I've had the car new since October 2012 and I've only done 5000 miles since then. I haven't thrashed it but then I haven't been doing 40mph in 6th gear either. Any pointers? I don't know if it has done one. Is my car constipated?

On a minor point, all those people who washa and wax their cars weekly will hate me - I haven't waxed it once! And the car is black so it will look good when I do it. Just don't have the time and the winter was long here in Poland. Plus one more thing - it's against the law here to wash your car outside your house or flat using water and car shampoo etc. Yes, really.

i can easily tell when my pd170 vrs does it.

as well as the above - apart from the fans and smell. it drives like poo, very jerky, engine note changes, sounds like it has a hole in the exhaust

• Like 1