Scraping noise - drivers side rear wheel

Hello,

my vRS has just started making a horrible scraping/squealing sound from the drivers side rear wheel. It happens when the wheel is just rotated, nothing to do with whether the brakes are applied or not. I've jacked it up and turned it by hand and I think it is coming from the brake.

With less than 9k on the clock I can't believe the pads are worn out (they look quite thick to me, but my knowledge only comes from watching too much Wheeler Dealers so I am a bit of an amateur :rofl: ), so what are the likely culprits? Grit between the pad and the disc, or something more sinister? I read somewhere about a sticking handbrake but the other rear side is fine.

My dealer can't fit us in until Monday so should I take my life in my hands and take it down Kwik Fit to eyeball it? Or wait for the expert opinion? It is still under warranty but no doubt they'll play the wear and tear card.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Richard

Hello,

my vRS has just started making a horrible scraping/squealing sound from the drivers side rear wheel. It happens when the wheel is just rotated, nothing to do with whether the brakes are applied or not. I've jacked it up and turned it by hand and I think it is coming from the brake.

With less than 9k on the clock I can't believe the pads are worn out (they look quite thick to me, but my knowledge only comes from watching too much Wheeler Dealers so I am a bit of an amateur :rofl: ), so what are the likely culprits? Grit between the pad and the disc, or something more sinister? I read somewhere about a sticking handbrake but the other rear side is fine.

My dealer can't fit us in until Monday so should I take my life in my hands and take it down Kwik Fit to eyeball it? Or wait for the expert opinion? It is still under warranty but no doubt they'll play the wear and tear card.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Richard

Such a cynic.

Probably right though . :think:

Sounds like a small stone/piece of grit has got itself lodged somewhere amongst the braking gubbins.

Yay! Must have been a piece of grit. I did a bit of reversing and then forwards and then a long reverse and I heard a worse noise and then it must have popped out as the noise stopped. Happy days. Cheers all. A pint of homebrew to celebrate I think. :D

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2