1.6 7-speed DSG

Heart says no but head says yes. Have a caddy maxi combi with same engine and gearbox and its quite OK to drive

Also €180 to tax not €570, 4.6l per 100km not 6.2 and less fecking VRT too

With juice prices only going one way i wanna be a hypermiler

Anyway 170 horsies just make one act the bollix too much....also extra kid and over 40 since last purchase :)

We have some manual ones and they are gutless, so unless you enjoy planning an overtaking manovre well in advance don't do it, all these small engine cars are going to become moneypits very soon because the turbo etc has to work extra hard, the Pug 1.6 HDi is a total bin job, the Volvo eDrives I believe use this engine and the reviews say they can't get anywhere near the official figures due to having to work em hard,

Best car for you right now is a 2.0 TDi B7 Passat Bluemotion DSG

I am looking to get another superb in Jan. from what I can gather on the UK site ( Irish one is ****e) the new 170 DSG 4 x 4

Is in the same tax bracket as the 2.0 170 hp is how €390 ish

Heart says no but head says yes. Have a caddy maxi combi with same engine and gearbox and its quite OK to drive

Also €180 to tax not €570, 4.6l per 100km not 6.2 and less fecking VRT too

With juice prices only going one way i wanna be a hypermiler

Anyway 170 horsies just make one act the bollix too much....also extra kid and over 40 since last purchase :)

tax 570e ??? mine IS 360e same engine

I went from a 170 bhp Octavia vRS to my Greenline and not looked back. Yes you have to plan your overtakes more but the savings in running costs are worth it. Managed to hit 74 mpg a few weeks ago on my commute home and that was keeping up with traffic. Had the DSG in my vRS but not in my Greenline so cant really comment on that but I've never found the car to be under powered. Car is now approaching 15000 miles and is 9 months old.

@ Supurbia : All the new facelift Superb models are GreenTec and so include start/stop and energy recooperation which I believe is the same as Bluemotion...anyway VWs cars are overpriced in IRLi

@ barts2 : Mine is a DSG that's why tax is higher although because of greentec tax on a facelife 170 DSG falls to €280 from €570

I drove a 180bhp Octavia vRS for ten years before I got my Superb Greenline II three months ago.

8,000 miles in and averaging over 60mpg easily, and 65mpg+ on last two tanks, don't miss the power at all, have changed my driving style somewhat (no sht sherlock) to accomodate the whole 105bhp-in-a-1.5-tonne-barge scenario but I never feel underpowered pulling away or getting up to speed, overtaking is there if I really need it but rarely required as generally go with the speed of the traffic.

It's a thouroughly pleasant drive and the elegance spec adds to the experience of being in a truly plush premium cruiser.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I came from a vrs Octavia to my Superb with the 1.6. Both are Hackney Carriages. Yeah its not as quick. But its not guttless. My Superb never goes below 43mpg and often in the mid 50s. Being a taxi its always drive hard.

There are quite a few taxis up hear with the 1.6tdi with well over 150-200k still going strong. So to say a engine or turbo is going to fail because its working harder all it time is false. Busses and lorries work under heavy conditions most of the time and some have multiple turbos working hard. I don't see them failing everytime.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

1.6 7-DSG (wet clutch) is currently available in Czech Republic and Turkey exclusively, where 1.6 DSG Passat is favourite among consumers. It's around 31.000€ in Elegance trim in Turkey. 

Also in these parts of Europe (Estonia e.g.  :hi: ):

superb.jpg

Edited by Hirundo
  • Like 1

@ Supurbia : All the new facelift Superb models are GreenTec and so include start/stop and energy recooperation which I believe is the same as Bluemotion...anyway VWs cars are overpriced in IRLi

@ barts2 : Mine is a DSG that's why tax is higher although because of greentec tax on a facelife 170 DSG falls to €280 from €570

Not entirely, Bluemotion also uses adblue to reduce emissions.