My new car

I went from a seat Ibiza Bocanegra to my vRS diesel dsg and while its good its not as fast or responsive as the seat. Probably the combination of the dsg and the diesel but i find it all a bit lethargic. Needs to be in S mode to be anywhere fun and am actually thinking of getting another Ibiza cupra :wonder:

Mines is a Blackline and i got grill and mirrors painted in black also B pillars wrapped to break up the white. Luv the look, just the performance needs addressing lol

I went from a seat Ibiza Bocanegra to my vRS diesel dsg and while its good its not as fast or responsive as the seat. Probably the combination of the dsg and the diesel but i find it all a bit lethargic. Needs to be in S mode to be anywhere fun and am actually thinking of getting another Ibiza cupra :wonder:

Mines is a Blackline and i got grill and mirrors painted in black also B pillars wrapped to break up the white. Luv the look, just the performance needs addressing lol

Ibiza would be to small for me. Did have a Leon cupra r a few years ago which I loved and was probably my favourite car I've owned. But baby on way I needed more of a family car and didn't buy the octavia for performance just something nice to drive with a bit of power but still good on mpg and tax is so cheap

Personally would forget tints unless youve got kids or pets. Black wheels definitely a yes; I dont like silver neptunes (not a great alloy design IMO) but they do look great in black. Was going to factory order a car in white with black neptunes specifically and was fortunate enough to get a Blackline.

CR diesel not the most rapid thing on the road but drives like a 170hp car should and who can argue with a 140mph car that can do 50+ mpg if driven with an ounce of respect.

I came from a Fabia vRS estate that whilst quick was a bit of a shed to drive; the Blackline blows it out of the water in all respects apart from outright performance but it aint a great deal slower than a stock Fabia.....if its a DSG it will have launch control and has an unofficial 0-60 time of a shade under 7 secs (6.98 timed to be precise)

Do like the "no don't do it" comments about the wheels. Good thoughts, people. They look wheel trim less, dirty and rubbish. Not keen on a black grill either. Keep it standard or do it white but not black.

Dont get the anti black thing either. They are gloss, admittedly dont show up great in photos but look great in the flesh and serve to make the vRS look a bit less run of the mill IMO....also they are a piece of **** to keep clean by comparison and wont go gradually golden with cooked-on brake dust like most silver alloys do.

Last car i kept for any real length of time was a company MK6 Golf GT, at 3 years old the wheels looks minging close up and id taken pretty good care of the car was glad to be giving it back as the wheels needed refurbing to bring them back to factory.

IN any case if they're good enough for a Golf or Scirocco R think they're good enough for a vRS.

Edited by pipsyp

Mine is a white vRS with Black Neptunes and Black Alcantara interior with a Sunroof, looks great! I was never a fan of black wheels as I always thought silver was the way to go, but when the black option came out I thought why not, glad I did, personally I think it looks great, white car, black wheels, red calipers, then inside black alcantara with red stitching on the seats and trims throughout the car, nice white/black with red touches going on as a theme, and I like it and in my mind it works, and thats the main thing dont matter what everybody else thinks, its what works for you is the key, personally I dont like the chrome grills that have been colour coded I like the plastic chrome, others like them coded, not for me to say whether I think people should or shouldnt code things, its there car, there money, do what they want, same as you, do what makes you feel good and makes you like the car even more, I specc'd mine from factory as it is and I wouldnt change anything on it, love it as it is!

If you want an idea of how a white vRS looks with black neptunes and black window tints then have a look on Murray Skoda in Newton Abbot as they have the ex-demo for sale currently which has that spec, with loads of photo you will see what it looks like.

Most of all, enjoy the car!! :-)

Mine is a white vRS with Black Neptunes and Black Alcantara interior with a Sunroof, looks great! I was never a fan of black wheels as I always thought silver was the way to go, but when the black option came out I thought why not, glad I did, personally I think it looks great, white car, black wheels, red calipers, then inside black alcantara with red stitching on the seats and trims throughout the car, nice white/black with red touches going on as a theme, and I like it and in my mind it works, and thats the main thing dont matter what everybody else thinks, its what works for you is the key, personally I dont like the chrome grills that have been colour coded I like the plastic chrome, others like them coded, not for me to say whether I think people should or shouldnt code things, its there car, there money, do what they want, same as you, do what makes you feel good and makes you like the car even more, I specc'd mine from factory as it is and I wouldnt change anything on it, love it as it is!

If you want an idea of how a white vRS looks with black neptunes and black window tints then have a look on Murray Skoda in Newton Abbot as they have the ex-demo for sale currently which has that spec, with loads of photo you will see what it looks like.

Most of all, enjoy the car!! :-)

Just had a look on the Murray skoda website looks amazing with black wheels and tints! Def gonna get tints have a baby due any day now and hav a dog so to help keep temperature down and a lil extra privacy. Plus there cheap now.

Wheels will wait for now as gotta wait until mrs has got used to driving it. Last thing I wanna do is pay for the wheels for her to kerb them

Just had a look on the Murray skoda website looks amazing with black wheels and tints! Def gonna get tints have a baby due any day now and hav a dog so to help keep temperature down and a lil extra privacy. Plus there cheap now.

Wheels will wait for now as gotta wait until mrs has got used to driving it. Last thing I wanna do is pay for the wheels for her to kerb them

That car was actually meant to be mine, when I ordered I specified the Black Alcantara upholstery but they ordered full leather by mistake, so that turned up and it wasnt what I wanted so they had to reorder and take that one into stock, it was registered September as a 62 but they had it in stock since about February! They done the tints afterwards and yes I think it works really well, looks great I had a couple of quotes local to me of around £120-140, been meaning to do it just never got round to it!

Tints with children is a great idea. My two like playing with the blinds, my boy broke his. Might get mine done for next summer if I can get a good price for the work and insurance

IMHO I like the white and black look but do what 'you' want to do

Tints with children is a great idea. My two like playing with the blinds, my boy broke his. Might get mine done for next summer if I can get a good price for the work and insurance

IMHO I like the white and black look but do what 'you' want to do

My local place quoted about £150 and insurance said it wouldn't make my insurance go up but they still need to know incase of a claim

• Like 1