iPhone 5 in VRS

Thinking of updating the 4 to the 5. Is anyone using an iPhone 5 for streaming music via bluetooth to the standard head unit in the VRS and is there full functionality? I had a 3G and it worked fine on my old Kenwood radio but when I updated to the 4 the streaming was jumpy. I'd rather keep the 4 if I'm going to loose functionality with the 5.

Plays fine through bluetooth with the standard swing unit, however the functions on the steering wheel do not work for me.

Maybe this can be fixed, not sure

You can start the music through voice activation and change tracks but I don't think you can control the bluetooth device (iPhone 4) using any buttons in the car. Unless anyone else can shed some light on it?

My iPhone 5 works via bluetooth with voice control but its a faff and spends by battery on the phone.

I gave up fannying about with my iphone and switched to a 32Gb usb in the media inderface under the glove box. Much easier IMO.

My iPhone 5 works via bluetooth with voice control but its a faff and spends by battery on the phone.

I gave up fannying about with my iphone and switched to a 32Gb usb in the media inderface under the glove box. Much easier IMO.

Yeah a little USB is the most convenient. The only reason I use my Iphone for bluetooth streaming is for Podcasts. They are weekly and downloaded directly to the phone. Don't need to mess about with the laptop or anything.

indeed, I can do it via phone ect, but I simply have a 250 gig HDD in there with all my music on :)

How much music do you need with you haha

Quick question for you guys. Can you tell me the location of the aux socket and 12V charging point in the vrs?

I pick up my new vrs soon and i want to get the rit kit ready beforehand.

Thanks for your help :-)

Quick question for you guys. Can you tell me the location of the aux socket and 12V charging point in the vrs?

I pick up my new vrs soon and i want to get the rit kit ready beforehand.

Thanks for your help :-)

Down by the handbrake.

• Like 1