Water lots of it on driver side front footwell

My driver side footwell is soaked, just noticed it.

About 6 months ago I sorted the passenger side, new pollen filter tray and took out grommets sorted the problem.

Passenger side completely dry but driver side completely soaked . I got a feeling it's coming from the side near the accelator pedal. Any idea where this leak is coming from, what do I need to do to sort this out. The grOmet under the servo was not removed. Could this b causing the problem! Sick of leaking footwell, any help would b appreciated

ill be intrested to see whats said on this as im going through the same thing. one bit of advice is to remove the trim holding your carpet in lift up the carpet and remove the gear box ecu under drivers feet. also disconnect the battery as it speeds up the corrosion process!

I was lead to believe that the water comes in when under the battery tray fills up with water and then water comes in where the wires come in (drivers side). if that's any help!

cheers.

this video shows the ecu seal failure and how to see if it is leaking

The grommet for the bonnet cable release is very close to the ECU housing (has what looks like a bicycle brake / gear cable going through it)

On my car I was getting water on the driver side from the door carrier seal behind the door trim though.

If your car has had a recent timing belt change, there's a possibility (probability if a VAG dealer did the work) that the front was pulled into the service position without disconnecting the bonnet release cable at the coupler. This fractures the grommet in the bulkhead and lets water in.

Also check the bung under the servo (with a pipe running through it) as Tech1e suggests. Just push it down about 1".

rotodiesel.

• Like 1