Service advice.

Hi all,

Just had the Vrs serviced, and been informed that there was an issue with it.

There is a minor oil leak somewhere on the engine, but it was not located. The dealer asked for £60 to have a look for the leak, and then said they would quote based on what they found. Is this standard practice? I would have expected this sort of diagnosis to be included along with a quote to repair by the dealership.

Am I expecting too much? Feedback appreciated.

Probably because there is oil on the engine.

I wouldn't spend anytime looking for an oil leak without knowing I was going to get paid for it either to be fair. If I spent an hour looking for something and the customer turns around and says leave it I'd lost an hours money.

Its common practice I'm afraid.

My dealer charged me their standard diagnostic fee (£75) to diagnose a broken electric window.

They took off the door card and gave me two possible outcomes - a £200 regulator or a £2 rivet.

So, after £75 they still hadn't actually diagnosed the fault!

As it happened it was the £2 rivet but it took them another hour (and a second visit) to take the door card off again and fix it.

£152 was an expensive rivet.

Edited by silver1011

Ok thanks all,

Looks like I have to pay for mechanical diagnosis at Skoda then, will have a look myself in case it's anything really obvious.

Didn't know if this was standard now, certainly the VW and Ford dealers I have used in the have past included it as a part of the service, guess I have just been lucky up to now!