Alarm

Has anyone else's alarm gone off for no apparent reason recently?

Windows were closed, was parked on the flat, hand brake on and no earth quakes.

I wondered if it could have just been from the heat wave we're experiencing in the UK?

One guy had this soon after launch and they never did cure it, he sold the car after about 6 months, if the threads are still about look for alarm problems in this section from 2008 I think the guys name was Justin or something iirc, his username escapes me but it is 5 years ago.

I remember the thread well, but I can't find it. I think this is because the search only goes back as far as the last major change to the forum itself (i.e., when the Superb content was split into Superb I and Superb II). I may be wrong, but I think the car was purchased from James at Allams.

Ray

• Like 1

my alarm only went off once when i accidentally locked my son in the car and then the alarm triggered,  but my last car a 57 plate mk1 octavia TDI, its alarm went off all the time, the street i live on has buses going up from 06:00-23:30 and if i left the octavia in the street the alarm would always be going off so had to park it far up the driveway to getaway from the vibrations, but the superb can be left in the street (i don't do it regularly) and its alarm does not go off

Edited by United 11

Cheers for the replies everyone.  It's still under warranty, so I will let the bods look at it.  I just wanted to establish if anyone else experienced the same problem at the same time, before taking it to the dealer.