Air -Con Issue and something else also.

Car in question is an Octy FL 2009 1.8 TSi. Has done 20k kms till date.

Problem -

I'm having a unique sort of a problem with the air conditioning. When I start the car, the A/C works as it should without any issues at all. However, 15-20 mins in, the air con slowly stops cooling. It is more of a gradual fading in the cooling effect.

This problem is instantly solved if i switch off and on the car.

I did a scan with VCDS but no errors are coming up. I took it to the dealer and he's saying the compressor is faulty and needs to be replaced. I fail to understand how a compressor can conk off within 2 years and less than 10k kms of driving.

Another peculiar thing that has started along with the air con issue is that no matter how long or short the drive the engine fans stay on after the car's been switched off.

Also, after the air con has stopped cooling, when I depress the clutch I can feel a motor whirring away for about 5 seconds and then cut off again, this keeps repeating at short intervals.

Are these things related ?? How come there aren't any errors on VCDS ?? IS there something I should check or look out for ??

Need help guys, a new compressor with fitting and everything is upwards of 1000 pounds. !!!