BT audio only one speaker?!

Grovestarr

Hi guys n girls.......

Only had my 2010 Octy estate a few weeks now and still enjoying it, but frustrated by the Bluetooth Audio when trying to play music from my Iphone 5 as for some reason it only plays out of one speaker and I can't see anything in the settings to sort this out!!

Anyone else had this?!?

I think by default the bluetooth module is only wired in for monon sound. There is a guide in the Superb II forum for adding the additional wire to make it full stereo

No issue with BT audio on the iPhone with the current IOS version. Early versions of the BT module are wired for mono audio only, and if the module was retrofitted the loom only has wiring for mono audio. A second wire needs running as eluded to by Nathanio.

There is a thread, but I cannot find it right now.

No issue with BT audio on the iPhone with the current IOS version. Early versions of the BT module are wired for mono audio only, and if the module was retrofitted the loom only has wiring for mono audio. A second wire needs running as eluded to by Nathanio.

There is a thread, but I cannot find it right now.

here's one http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/240217-bluetooth-help/?fromsearch=1

I've just upgraded my BT module to a later HFP only one and now get mono sound in phone and streaming. Will add the wire sometime soon.

I've added those wires to my unit, and now I get stereo bluetooth streaming which is good.

As for more details, then sure.

What I'm saying is that pin 4 in the blue connector on the bluetooth module, has to be wired to pin 11 in the small green connector in the quadlock on the back of the Columbus. Ditto, pin 5 in the bluetooth goes to pin 5 in the green connector in the quadlock.

Look here for the pinouts of the quadlock:

http://www.my-gti.com/1234/volkswagen-rns-510-microphone-connection-for-voice-control

You'll see that pins 5 and 11 are Telephone L+ and Telephone L-

In the bluetooth connector, the positions are actually numbered clearly on the connector, so no diagram is required.

You should used some screened audio cable. I simply chopped up a phono->phono lead to get mine.

Hope that helps,

Andy.

From http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/189618-rsap-bluetooth-to-handsfree-sucess/page-2