Bluetooth Help!

Hi, I wish I'd found this forum before I bought my car!

Just taken delivery of a superb elegance. Traded my 11 year old A6. Very excited by all the new toys I've never had before. Just assumed the bluetooth would do audio as well as calls.

My iPhone 3gs connected no problem but it only works for calls. I don't really care about texts but it would be handy. My main issue is podcasts. Does anyone use their iPhone to listen to podcasts over a bluetooth connection. Can you browse the audio content on the MDT?

I am happy to follow the instructions (beautifully laid out elsewhere - thanks) for changing the bluetooth 'box' but perhaps somebody has a more simple solution. What about the aux cable - can i use this to access itunes on the iPhone?

Any advice appreciated - or other things to look out for with new car.

Thanks

Matt

Yep, hook up the aux port to your headphone jack.

Start your pod cast from the iPhone and it will start playing thought the aux port, you can't control it via the head unit though

Ok - will try that but the position of the aux in makes it a bit tricky to access the phone - I presumed it would have been by the head unit and could have had the phone in a holder close to it.

Any ideas from anyone on the Bluetooth audio streaming option?

Cheers

Edited by phatmatt

I just upgraded the Bluetooth module under the chair on mine, and can now stream audio from the iPhone to the Columbus via Bluetooth - sound comes from the right channel only

Mines an early Superb II from late 2008, so I needed to upgrade the module as it only supported RSaP which Apple don't play with. I haven't got any control of the media on the phone from the head unit or the MFD, but it doesn't bother me as my upgrade was to enable hands free calling solely

Not sure if yours is a new model or an early one like mine?

My columbus unit (my 2012) offers an option of streaming music via bluetooth, it is one of the tabs under "media", as far as I know this is true to all columbus units

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I think you'll need to pair the media player part of the phone as well as the phone part is that makes sence? They are treated as two different parts by the car. Have a poke around in the phone menu or the setup menu on the MFD.

Since you are using the phone fine as a phone via the car your 'box under the seat' is already the right version.

I think you'll need to pair the media player part of the phone as well as the phone part is that makes sence? They are treated as two different parts by the car. Have a poke around in the phone menu or the setup menu on the MFD.

Since you are using the phone fine as a phone via the car your 'box under the seat' is already the right version.

+ 1

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just upgraded the Bluetooth module under the chair on mine, and can now stream audio from the iPhone to the Columbus via Bluetooth - sound comes from the right channel only

Mines an early Superb II from late 2008, so I needed to upgrade the module as it only supported RSaP which Apple don't play with. I haven't got any control of the media on the phone from the head unit or the MFD, but it doesn't bother me as my upgrade was to enable hands free calling solely

Hi , Where and what is the correct module no : for the Superb 2008

• 10 months later...

Did Samster solve the problem of BT audio only coming from right hand side? I have the same problem.

Brian

need to add 2 wires from the BT module (pin 4 & 5) to the back of HU (pin 5 & 11) so that it doesn't remain mono.