Starting a new trend

I end up mostly waving at Monte Carlos, when i thought it was a vRS, and get an odd look back from them wondering who the **** is that.

Defender or Land Rover even just 4x4 drivers/enthusiasts waving or flashing was common for decades,

it was often only the Landed Gentry or hoity toity that would not even spot you were there.

george

I always give a flash of the lights if I see another vRS owner, but only seen a few and have been in the works van and ending up getting blank looks. So if any other vRS owners are around the Shropshire area, always give a wave  :thumbup:

I've seen four vRS Fabias on the road in total in 10 months (and two of those were in the vicinity of a dealer and could have been demo or service-road-test cars), so I ALWAYS give a wave or thumbs-up. I've seen a dozen Montes or base model Fabias, so they get the same treatment. :hi:

Always flashed at Fabias since I joined the forum.  

Now when I do it I think they think they I'm trying to flash them out of the way.  

The assumptions people make when one has four rings on the front of ones car.

Volkswagen Beetle owners always used to wave to each other years ago, and probably still do. It was something to do with that smugness that comes with driving something a bit different, low cost and technically interesting that led to a shared camaraderie. It would therefore be appropriate to start it amongst Fabia vRS owners! The problem is that the vRS is as rare as hens teeth around were I live.

The only problem I found when waving at vrs owners is that there always about 80 and just blank me like I never flashed them, and I'll wave a montes

+1 was always the same when i had mine, although one nice chap in a grey vrs did flash and wave at me one day which was a nice change :)

Near enough every gt4 owner will flash and wave at each other but most owners are on the forum so we all kinda know each other. Iv also noticed that other jdm owners tend to give appreciatative nods and let you out at junctions and such :)

I do this with other Mk1 MX5's when I'm out in mine, especially other red ones. Most wave or flash back even if their not obviously enthusiasts.

I wouldn't do it to another VRS though, I think 90% would think you were a bit strange. 

Used frequently in the forties, I'm not sure it fits in with the number of cars on the road or indeed today's lifestyle. If you flash someone today he's likely to come after you with a baseball bat. :rofl: