Fabia 1.2 105 DSG Estate SE progress report.

Had my Fabia just two years and only done 5000 miles. No long journeys.

It is used almost entirely for short journeys, many under a mile long.

It has been completely free of rattles, the steering is dead neutral, the only blemish on it being perfect was intermittent misbehavior of the remote central locking.

In the last couple of months it has ceased doing this of it's own accord, it is reliable now.

After 10 years in a Mk.4 Golf 1.6 SE I found the suspension harder with just as much body roll but have got used to it now.

I absolutely love the engine, the DSG is fine too although I was quite happy with the Golf's fully automatic.

(The best engine I have had since a Golf GTI 1.6 Mk 1bought new, I had it 8 years and sold it to curb my racing instincts, it begging to go fast.)

The only aspect of the car which has been disappointing is petrol consumption.

The Golf urban figure was 26 mpg and I got 24. I did do a few more longer journeys.

The Fabia is 40 and I have averaged just 30 in the 5000 miles.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the engine as when I have occasionally used motorways and A roads I have returned over 50.

Also the hard-to-read speedo means I often have to use sidelights.

Overall I am very happy to have saved about £4000 over a competitor and got a good car.

My wife likes it and can even put it away in the garage.

I am very happy with the dealer who supplied it, D.M.Keith, Leeds, in the purchase and two services carried out by them.

Many thanks to Estate Man for advice when I was fed up waiting a long time for it.

P.S. I am 80 years old.

• Like 3

Nice report , yes they are a superb little car and I agree the combo of the 1.2 tsi and the DSG is brilliant.

I think if you just do short trips, the mpg will suffer a bit but 50+ is what I'm getting on longer motorway journeys so thats fine.

Enjoy your car, my Brother in law is 83 yrs old and is still a car enthusiast,  :rofl: