2006 Audi TT 1.8t convertible in silver -Sold

sko-with-go

This is my father in laws car, and I am listing it for him as he is too ill to be able to do it himself. 

Unfortunately he has pancreatic cancer and, sadly, no longer needs this vehicle. In addition, there is no one in the family that could use it as we all have children and it's only a two seater.

I have the car in my possession, but need to give it a proper detail before taking photo's. Initial thoughts are that it's a very clean and straight car, it has a couple of minor car park dinks (paint not broken - easy dent master fix) and the wheels could do with a referb (not Kerbed though). It is one of last of the old shape cars and is in very good condition. Interior is cloth, not leather. 

Now MOT'd to 22 September 2014 :)

Car is now SORN.

car was registered new to its first owner (private individual not a company) on 26/04/2006 and he bought it as an 'approved used car' from an Audi Main dealer on 05/09/2007 with only 1948 miles on the clock. 

Serviced book stamped by Audi as Follows; 

25/07/2007 - 1,924   Miles (Long Life Service)

01/05/2008 - 4,658   Miles (additional Work)

21/08/2008 - 5,885   Miles (Long Life Service)

12/11/2009 - 13,137 Miles (Long Life Service)

23/04/2011 - 20,869 Miles (Long Life Service)

12/03/2013 - 28,890 Miles (Long Life Service) - This service was by an independent Garage. 

I can't find any evidence that the Cambelt has been changed at this point, but will confirm either way.

Current Mileage is - 29,770.

Now Have this on Ebay at £6,495 'or best offer' ..... but if you know anyone looking for a really nice, clean TT, please point them in the direction of this thread - We'll accept £6,000 for a quick, painless sale which I honestly think is a great bargain for someone :)

Also, rear perking sensors now professionaly 'flush fitted' and colour coded - looks 1000% better!!!! will update with pic's later on.

Also, collected a very nicely referbed set of standard 17'' TT alloys yesterday - May now be available separately!!, will start a new thread if appropriate :) 

TT0021280x960_zpsa26ef666.jpg

This is the 1.8t 163 Bhp model.

click photo for bigger image ;)

Many thanks for looking.

TT001_zps9a09adc9.jpg

TT002_zps8870ea61.jpg

TT003_zpse1bedc90.jpg

TT004_zps2c750fba.jpg

TT005_zps3d39ca33.jpg

TT007_zpse5490c82.jpg

MORE PHOTO'S IN A LATER POST !!!

Will be keeping an eye on this when pics and price is attached

Thanks, we're just going to be looking for a fair price for a reasonably speedy sale. 

I'm really not up on TT pricing, so will do a bit of research, clean it properly, MOT it as it's out sometime in August (so will come with a new one) etc. 

Just wanted to get a quick 'heads up' post before I get organised with it.

• 1 month later...

Quick bump on this as it should be ready for sale within the next 10 days or so, just need to sort out the wheels and airbag light.

I've finally found some time to clean it up and it's in great condition. Very few marks for a 2006 car, and those that are present are very minor and you have to look for them.

It was dry here yesterday, so I took the opportunity to thoroughly clean the hood inside and out and it has come up very nicely indeed. Also applied some re-sealer/waterproofer.

Cleaned the inside, including a full wet-vac of the seats, and again it's come up lovely.

I will try and post up some photo's of the inside later, and also some of the condition of the bodywork - if it stops raining today !  :(

Thanks for looking :)

How much are you looking for pls

Hiya,

that's a very good and somewhat obvious question (that I haven't yet answered!), but one that I need to investigate a little further.

What with dealing with everything else, this has taken a bit of a back seat.

Let me do a bit of research re TT pricing over the next 24hrs and I'll get back to you (and anyone else who may be interested) 

It will be realistically priced, based on it's age, mileage and condition - but not over priced and not given away

Thanks for the interest, and sorry I can't give you a price right now :)

There are no other audi tt's for sale to really compare this to. It's a wide range but I reckon at least 7.5k to 9.5k.

Sorry to hear your news.

Lovely car and good luck with the sale.

Rob

Cheers Rob, 

It's funny, but I never really liked them myself, however, having now spent a couple of days detailing it etc as described earlier it's really grown on me.

I drove it to the garage earlier to drop it off ready for Monday (old style garage that don't work weekends!) and everything about it just felt so right. 

It's a shame it's not a coupe as they are just about big enough for the wife, me and our two little-un's - If it was a coupe we'd just keep it :(

In terms of price, it'll probably be bottom end of the price range you quoted I think  :)

I certainly wouldnt sell it for any less than that. Have a look on Pistonheads and you will see its a bargain for someone at the lower end

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds?Category=used-cars&Keyword=convertible&KeywordCleanedValue=convertible&M=1030&ShowSoldCars=True&SortOptions=PriceHighToLow

I certainly wouldnt sell it for any less than that. Have a look on Pistonheads and you will see its a bargain for someone at the lower end

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds?Category=used-cars&Keyword=convertible&KeywordCleanedValue=convertible&M=1030&ShowSoldCars=True&SortOptions=PriceHighToLow

Mmm, I didn't realise! 

Never the less,as nice as it is (and it is!), it is SORN, so will need taxing and the wheels need a referb as water has got under the lacquer. With that in mind, we'd probably accept £7.5k 'as is' with a years MOT with the buyer to tax ..... and you're right, it probably would be a bit of a steal at that price really.

If money (and storage!) was no object, we'd keep it and use it for the odd outing without the kids in summer ;)

Only issue with pricing it at 7.5, is with a little bit more you can have a new shape, granted mileage will be higher, but you have the latest shape. Just my  opinion. 

Very sorry to hear about the problems, and I hope all works out for the best, and very good luck with the sale. 

Only issue with pricing it at 7.5, is with a little bit more you can have a new shape, granted mileage will be higher, but you have the latest shape. Just my  opinion. 

Very sorry to hear about the problems, and I hope all works out for the best, and very good luck with the sale. 

...and uglier (IMO) too, just like many other new versions of a once very pretty car.

• Like 1

Well, mileage will either be a lot higher, like 3 times as many miles or the car would cost more than 'a little bit more' for a new shape Roadster. I've done a little bit of looking on Ebay, etc but will do some more research :) 

Well, mileage will either be a lot higher, like 3 times as many miles or the car would cost more than 'a little bit more' for a new shape Roadster. I've done a little bit of looking on Ebay, etc but will do some more research :)

Yes your right, mileage will be higher, such as this one

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201309178824211/sort/default/usedcars/body-type/convertible/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/model/tt/make/audi/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/2/postcode/b713da/radius/1501?logcode=p

Same money, 109,000 miles, but again your buying a new shape, from a dealer, with warranty, with a option of finance, and part exchange. 

Also your model is the 163Bhp, a lot of people prefer the 225Bhp, which comes with Xenons, Bose & Leather (Sometimes Half) as standard, some very desirable extras which yours is missing, i'm not knocking your car, it just says your after a speedy sale, I can't see it happening at 7.5, my opinion is backed by my owning about 6 Audi TT's in my time. 

Also Heated Seats which are standard on the 225, can't make out if yours has this, but doesn't look like it. 

Yes your right, mileage will be higher, such as this one

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201309178824211/sort/default/usedcars/body-type/convertible/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/model/tt/make/audi/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/2/postcode/b713da/radius/1501?logcode=p

Same money, 109,000 miles, but again your buying a new shape, from a dealer, with warranty, with a option of finance, and part exchange. 

Also your model is the 163Bhp, a lot of people prefer the 225Bhp, which comes with Xenons, Bose & Leather (Sometimes Half) as standard, some very desirable extras which yours is missing, i'm not knocking your car, it just says your after a speedy sale, I can't see it happening at 7.5, my opinion is backed by my owning about 6 Audi TT's in my time. 

Also Heated Seats which are standard on the 225, can't make out if yours has this, but doesn't look like it. 

Polite question, do you actually have any interest what so ever in buying this car ?  (forgetting the asking price for a moment) 

• Like 1

Not at that price I don't

Clearly reading an entire post is not your strong point, (as you missed the comment in brackets about price!?) - please refrain from posting on this thread again as all you are doing is thread spoiling ! 

Thank you for your input, when I need a TT expert I'll call you  :) 

For the benefit of anyone else reading, selling speedily is preferred, but far from critical ...... We'll happily hold out for a 'fair' price as it isn't costing us anything to have the car parked on  our drive :)

• Like 1

To be honest .....

Some buy for mileage

Some buy for price

Its the same game with mine

It just narrows the market thats all, there will always people wanting a low mileage car

As said, when comes to sell my octy it will bo bought by someone who wants a mk1.... A new mk1 :D

Miles does affect price at the end of the day , thats why u get get octys or indeed TT's for aboutba fiver lol

They wont be this tidy and neat

If anyone wants this shape

Buy a tidy low mikeage car for top money

Or

Buy a piece of sh1te with a million miles for said fiver :D

Yeah obviously theres a middle of the scale hehe

• Like 2

Clearly reading an entire post is not your strong point, (as you missed the comment in brackets about price!?) - please refrain from posting on this thread again as all you are doing is thread spoiling ! 

Thank you for your input, when I need a TT expert I'll call you   :)

For the benefit of anyone else reading, selling speedily is preferred, but far from critical ...... We'll happily hold out for a 'fair' price as it isn't costing us anything to have the car parked on  our drive :)

Precisely why selling a car is such an absolute  PITA!

Trader friend of mine just browses the net, comparing his car for sale to all the others on there (pistonheads, autotrader,  bed of fleas, gumtree, forums etc etc,) and then pitches his at a slightly lower price than virtually all the others.

Good luck , good ad.,  and for someone looking for one of these it looks well worth a viewing

• Like 1

Precisely why selling a car is such an absolute  PITA!

Trader friend of mine just browses the net, comparing his car for sale to all the others on there (pistonheads, autotrader,  bed of fleas, gumtree, forums etc etc,) and then pitches his at a slightly lower price than virtually all the others.

Good luck , good ad.,  and for someone looking for one of these it looks well worth a viewing

I certainly need to do some more accurate research, rather than just a quick look at Piston heads that's for certain (But thanks for the input on price Rob :) ).

It's not up on Ebay yet and in all probability that's when I'll get some better interest as anyone looking for a TT is unlikely to do so on here, but I thought it was worth listing it here anyway ;)