Monte Tech 1.6tdi Woes

Picked up a spanking new red Monte Carlo Tech on Tuesday. Chopped the VRS in as it was 3 years old and fancied some trouble free motoring for with no need to worry about oil consumption or DSG. The next day I notice it sounds like a dumper truck when underload and under 1500 revs. I've taken it in and first the salesman then a tech tried fobbin me off saying its the normal sound of the injectors in that rev range. Got them to fire up an identical car on the forecourt to compare and this one sounded just fine!

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this engine across the VAG range? 

Not sure what you mean by "dumper truck" but my 1.6TDi is now 2800 miles old and is definitely quieter now than when new. Engine was much more dieselly sounding for the 1st few hundred miles.

Does it sounds like a woodpecker going at it in the engine bay? If so it could need the software for the engine control unit updating and the "adjusting micro quantity of injectors" test plan carrying out on it.

Yeah knocking its head off below 1500 revs under load. Gets quieter after that. Fingers crossed its just a software update but if its a brand new car then surely it should have the most up to date software? Its going in tomorrow for an update check.

It definitely isn't a standard diesel sound. Sounds like a 13 year old battered Octavia taxi with 340k onit if you know what i mean. 

Was an update after all. I find it strange that a brand new car can need an update but at least it seems to be sorted for now. I'll see how it goes over the next couple of days.