Restricted Optional Extras

I stumbled upon this:   http://www.skoda.lv/files/accessories/octavia.pdf    and the situation we UK owners face peeved me sufficiently to e mail SUK.  If and when I hear from them I'll let you know.  Feel free to jump on the bandwagon and ask for yourselves, maybe consumer power will change things for the better:

Dear Customer Services Team,

I have recently ordered my third consecutive Skoda Octavia.  I would like to enhance the appearance of my pride and joy further by adding some optional items that are not available to Skoda Octavia customers here in the UK.  The items listed below, and several others not listed are however freely available on the European mainland:

1/  5E5 061 109   Multi functional boot storage box

2/  5E5 064 711   Loading sill protective trim (blk)

3/  5E5 064 711B Loading sill protective trim (alu) *

4/  5JA 061 109   Removable boot tray

5/  Small sports red leather package

I am of a mind to ask Skoda at Mlada Boleslav direct but perhaps initially it would be better to find out from yourselves at Skoda UK why this should be the situation.

* I am aware there are qty. 10 of these held at Skoda UK and are priced @ £47 50p each but that they are not available for customers to buy, why would that be please?

I am sure I speak for thousands of other UK based loyal Skoda Octavia owners, who know a really good car when they own one, would be interested to know why the standard fit hatchback window belt line chrome trim is not available here, as well as why we are restricted in choosing yet more desirable optional extras to enhance our new Skoda Octavia. 

I look forward to your comments please,