New 110LS owner

Skomatt

Ok - fit up didn't goes as planned today as the loose panels didn't get finished yesterday. These will now be finished this week and fit up rescheduled for next Saturday.

So instead today, I took the opportunity to fit the engine back into the car along with the radiator, brake master cylinder (new metal pipes already laid), drilled out a broken rear bumper bolt (only broken bolt on the while of the car!!) and then went through my assortment of boxes and worked out what went where.

Some pictures of course, the first of the engine I have painstakingly cleaned and thoroughly overhauled:

IMAG0681.jpg

IMAG0682.jpg

IMAG0684.jpg

And now some of it back in situ (after fitting a new clutch first):

IMAG0690.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

And lastly, another teasing picture of the new front end.............

IMAG0693.jpg

Will update again next Sunday hopefully  :wave1 

Matt

• Like 1

Ok, time for another update after a very busy day.

My reconditioned front brake calipers were fitted to the car whilst I had the front wheels off. Also managed to fully grease the new king pins and camber sleeve. The borrowed beetle wheels were also replaced by the original overhauled steel wheels all round all shod with brand new tyres.

Then after this, we managed to get all the freshly painted wings back onto the car. Lots of new nuts, bolts and washers were used along with new wing gap and air ducting seals. The final job today was to fit and align the doors. Three of the doors were NOS and too a bit of aligning and tweaking, the original door (LHF) went back on without much grief.

Not back again until next weekend when we plan to get it almost finished.

Anyway, as always, some photos to keep you going..............

IMAG0704.jpg

IMAG0702.jpg

IMAG0701.jpg

IMAG0698.jpg

IMAG0707.jpg

Another very busy weekend again. Thinks didn't all go to plan yesterday when some new parts didn't 'quite fit', but a much better day today has seen lots of progress.

All bar one door are now latching and glazed, all brand new lights are fitted, new badges, front and rear screens and front bumper. It actually looks like a car now!!

I'm really loving all the new badges, managed to get them all NOS and the chrome number plate lamp is also ace!!

Still lots to do over the next few weeks but really getting close to the MOT.......

As usual, the obligatory photos:

IMAG0720.jpg

IMAG0723.jpg

IMAG0726.jpg

IMAG0727.jpg

IMAG0728.jpg

IMAG0729.jpg

Matt

• Like 3