The 4 year service...

So, my 1.4 pd tdi will be 4 years old in january next year. It will be treated to its 4 years service, 'the big one' next month.

I am aware that there was a service bulletin to state the cambelt is now due at 40,000 miles 4 years, and that the pd engine places greater strain on the cambelt, but with just 27500 miles on the clock, probably around 28, 500 when the service is done, it seems very early...

Also needed are front discs/pads - my only criticism of this car is that the front brakes are too small. Will have the brake fluid done as well.

Apart from the usual oil, filters ect am I missing anything?

Unsure if the water pump or tensioner will be done with the cambelt. I know its advised to change when doing the cambelt, but theres no way they will be worn yet, or even by the time it needs its next cambelt change in another 4 years!

What has everyone paid for the above? Looking at around 500 from my local trusted dealer I reckon.

Now that I have bought a skoda I have only just found out that unit 18 is abiut 1 mile down the road from me. May get a quote from them...

Hi storm, the 4 year one is the most expensive pretty much. The actual cambelt change criteria is 50,000 miles or 4 years. Which ever is first. The belts can deteriate on a time basis but with just 27500 on it you could leave it for another year depending on the mileage you are going to cover. However, be warned if you have warranty this will invalidate it if you don't change it on time. The other thing, my own 1422cc PD engine's belt showed signs of deteriation with just 25k on the clock. That's not too unusual. I had the belt and tensioner replaced but not the water pump on this occassion. I had the brake fluid changed and all the normal things sorted and the cost was £580 at my Skoda dealer. An independant quoted £530 with non genuine parts.