Central locking problem Estate 1999

I have been having trouble with central locking. Sometimes it works for a while then it stops, cant open rear doors (any doors without a key). I have checked all door connecting wiring. I have noticed that when it stops working, that if I remove a fuse from main panel, then replace it that the C/Locking will start working again. (Seems to be a reset) The interior light goes out when I remove this fuse. This fuse doesn't look like an original. Any ideas.

Also Air -Con has stopped working. I have taken the electric fan, for this off, as it has seized up. Could this be problem? The compressor does seem to be working , as the engine slows slightly when Air-Con is switched on. The fan part No is  1J0 955 455? cant read last letter, damaged label (typical)

Everything seems to be failing. I think the lambda probe needs changing as well. The engine hesitates after a certain time from cold. Has an error code 537 and 525. It only has one sensor in the exhaust manifold. Engine is an AKL

:sweat:

Edited by fmcmoct

Sounds like a faulty door module? Might be worth sticking on VCDS and see if you have any faults stored.

The A/C problem sounds like a lack of gas in the system (possible leak), would need to go on VCDS to check for faults/data, or on an A/C machine to check gas amount.

Door locking has got worse, couldn't open drivers door from inside, managed to get out passenger side. Windows wouldn't open either. I managed to open drivers door with key from outside. Then pulled fuse out/ replaced and all became ok. Could it be the door switch panel as the backround lighting is different to dash lighting? I ran a U280 memoscan and got various error codes:

Under Engine: DTC06 Codes:-  00537, 00557, 00533, 17978, 00520, 00523 (engine tickover speed is erratic and hesitates after about 500 yards) 

Under SRS DTC01 Code: 00532

I took off the MAF sensor and tried to clean it but all looks ok. It has 3 components in it, one looks like a diode the other 2 look like tiny resistors.

• 1 year later...

I am still getting the same. I don't think the central locking is on the VCDS thingy. Getting worse now. I have to pull the fuse every day.  Where is the central locking control unit? I hear a relay click from under the dash when I replace the fuse. When it does stop working the interior light doesn't come on or the windows operate. Ok when I pull and replace the fuse.????

Edited by fmcmoct