New Toy - VWR Racing Intake : )

Hehehehehe much fun.

I swore it wouldn't happen, but i fear I'm coming over all scene :rock: , no but seriously if I post the word "stance" more than twice on here someone please come and give me a slap.

So yesterday I took receipt of a lovely little VW Racing Intake (same as ITG Maxogen.)  After a quick chat to the lovely peeps at Admiral this is now fitted to my car.

First impressions.......hehehehehe.........no, but seriously, the intake makes a fab noise and really opens your ears up to some great noises from the Supercharger and a nice controlled growl further up the revs.  Having just changed tyres and reduced the tyre roar a bit it is now easier to appreciate the Twinny Chorus.  Thankfully fun as it is, at no point does it become excessive or overstated.

Bearing in mind this car is in all other respects (for the moment) utterly stock I wasn't expecting to notice a difference, but i fear I have been bitten by the placebo bug and could swear the car is smoother and marginally more willing among the higher revs.

Happy camper with my first purchase, now wondering where this path leads................ :rofl:

Edited by Sparkly

I have been scanning for one of these coming up second hand for a while, I actually missed out on one on eBay that came up still in it's wrapper, it only went for £165.00 as well, but I was out of the country with work and couldn't keep track of the bidding.

They can be bought new from Awesome Gti for £300.00, I paid less than that from a kind member on here. Generally when they come up for sale from other Brisky members they go for around £150-180. If you have a read, most people who have tried these and other intakes tend to suggest that this is really the one to go for as others like the forge don't breathe much better than stock and even restrict cars with remaps.

Admiral charged me the princely sum of £19.00 to add to my premium, most of which I suspect is admin fee.

Really?

It's had a couple of owners then

I bought from ajfisher, who I though had bought but not used from Dirty Harri.

Original receipt and cert here, whoever bought it first lives in a BD postcode

Doesnt really matter who or how many have used it tbh.  Its mileage that matters as they need cleaning periodically.

Contact ITG and get the spray on oil (and get some gloves because its really sticky).  Dunk the filter in some petrol and massage out all the crap and oil.  Then allow about an hour for the petrol to evaporate, next wash it in soapy water again with a massage to get out the crap, rinse in cold water, let it dry out for 24 hours then the next day apply the new oil.  

YOu should be doing that every year at the least.  I tended to do it every 5k tbh.

Doesnt really matter who or how many have used it tbh.  Its mileage that matters as they need cleaning periodically.

Contact ITG and get the spray on oil (and get some gloves because its really sticky).  Dunk the filter in some petrol and massage out all the crap and oil.  Then allow about an hour for the petrol to evaporate, next wash it in soapy water again with a massage to get out the crap, rinse in cold water, let it dry out for 24 hours then the next day apply the new oil.  

YOu should be doing that every year at the least.  I tended to do it every 5k tbh.

Thanks Sy have some oil on order, is the petrol soak 100% necessary, hadn't read that before.

Thanks for the advice.

As above really.

I'm really regretting letting my carbon ITG go now, even sent the guy who bought it a message to give me first dibs if ever he sells it again.

I'm really happy with it, little sad as I suspect it's been on a few cars due to early CAVE engine issues and some people moved on quick from their Fabia's.

Would love to know if it is genuinely giving gains from stock without map etc.

Really?

It's had a couple of owners then

I bought from ajfisher, who I though had bought but not used from Dirty Harri.

Original receipt and cert here, whoever bought it first lives in a BD postcode

ajfisher bought it from me. Has he told you about mileage?

When I sold it him, it had done 6,000 miles so getting ready for a clean!

Yep He said 6,000 miles, hence ordering the oil, had it to bits and it looks pretty good, clean side is pristine but it will get a clean.

James I, I do think I'm getting bit more from the engine, in-gear pick up from mid revs and at the top. As above, I would be hard pushed to say categorically yes as the small gains involved would be down to feel and it went on same time as some fresh front tyres.

Have to bear in mind on remap/tmc tuning box cars, most I have seen stated is 9bhp. So maybe there is a couple to gain from stock, personally I bought it for a nicer engine note, possibility of a few bhp but also knowing this is the right intake if I decide to map the car and go down the path of more gains. Basically as a better investment than the forge.

Sorry Sy, think you misunderstood, I was asking if the petrol was the only way to clean prior to oil but I can see from the link that a designated cleaning liquid is also an option.

Andy @ ITG when he designed the original ITG Maxogen Induction kit on my previous Octavia vRS, told me to always use petrol as its the most efficient way of dissolving the oil. He recommended the same with this one when i phoned.

Its also cheaper than the cleaning fluid.  Way i see it is why deviate from what they recommend.  

Andy @ ITG when he designed the original ITG Maxogen Induction kit on my previous Octavia vRS, told me to always use petrol as its the most efficient way of dissolving the oil. He recommended the same with this one when i phoned.

Its also cheaper than the cleaning fluid.  Way i see it is why deviate from what they recommend.

Question borne out of my curiosity rather than a statement as to what I would do.

It was yours and other's write ups that steered me to the ITG, not going to close my ears to sound advice now : )