Hi to all fellow Skoda owners from SkodaETC

SkodaETC

Hi to all forum members. I'm looking forward to corresponding with you in the future on all things Skoda. I've just bought a 2011 1.6 TDi CR (105ps) Roomster Scout in metallic grey. It's only had one previous private owner and has clocked up only 12k miles. It appears to have been well looked after and kept in pristine condition. This is my first Skoda and I can't wait to get out on the open road with it. It has everything I want in a car. I'm not a speed junkie. I look for build quality, reliability, versatility, style and power on tap when needed and the Roomie seems to embody all of these factors. I love its looks and think it's a real style icon. I also love the fact that there aren't many on our roads and can't understand why this is the case. I'm not one for changing cars frequently so I did my homework on this one. 99.9% of the reviews were glowing so I made the committment. I first set eyes on a Roomie while on holiday in Greece in 2007 and was immediately taken in by its stylish design. I didn't realise at the time that they were available in England as I hadn't seen any on our roads. I'm still in the honeymoon period and going to the window every couple of hours just to look at it (how sad am I?). Having made the decision to keep the car in tip-top nick, I'm just in the process of sorting out a few very minor glitches (eg: heavily oxidised rear brake calipers need cleaning and painting). I bought the Roomie from a Kia main dealer in Manchester. I live in Lancashire and my nearest Skoda dealer is in Preston. It would be very helpful indeed if someone could recommend a really good dealer and I don't mind covering a few extra miles if necessarily to get quality service. I tend to do the minor maintenance jobs myself eg; oil changes, checking fluid levels, changing fuel filters, brake pads, light bulbs etc. but I'm no mechanic. As everything is linked to a diagnostic computer these days I'm too scared  to venture too deep into the mechanics/electrics as I'll end up accidentally setting the airbags off or something. Fortunately there is still a 1 year's manufacturer's Warranty remaining hence the need to find myself a good dependable Skoda main dealer.

Cheers to you all and happy motoring.     

• Like 1