Columbus code?

I recently bought a Columbus RNS510 off eBay, which came with the code. However I went to fit it today and when I input the security code it told me it was incorrect!!

Do I need to get the code from a skoda dealer or is there someone more local (cheaper) I could take it to?

Thanks

Contact the seller and get the correct code or send it back for a refund.

Otherwise the dealer should only give out the code if the Columbus is fitted to the original vehicle (so they can match the VIN).

If it was mine, I'd be worried that (assuming I'd not done anything wrong) it might be a but dodgy and might not update firmware properly!

Guest ProfesorDeBuceo

I agree as above, get the seller to provide the correct code. After all, you bought it complete, didn't you?

It was purchased from a 2nd hand vehicle parts dealer for the unit and code. He has a 100% feedback and sells loads so don't think it's dodgy. I've just emailed him and he's replied that he will check with the firm he uses to check all the radios. I'll wait and see ????

They shouldn't (but they can) give you the code over the phone if you have the VIN of the originating vehicle.

I refitted my old stereo (Stream MP3) to get the code with a view to selling it. Went to the dealer, who didn't even look at the car (they had my VIN on record already as that is where I go for servicing) and gave me the code pretty quickly.

• 2 weeks later...