Just bought a Monte Tech

marky

Hi,

I have just bought a 2013 pre-reg Fabia Monte Carlo Tech in White with 20 miles on the clock.

Not able to pick it up yet as I am waiting for to transfer the number plate off my old car. So it will be a few weeks before I get her.

I wanted one with Cruise Control but as it's a pre-reg I couldn't spec any options.

Can cruise control be retrofitted to a 2013 car???

Also are the Genuine Skoda Fabia car mats any good?

The other thing I think I might buy for it is a set of Black Alloy-Gator rim protectors.

I know i'll cry like a baby if I scrape the alloys, so these might save me some embarrassment!

Is there anything else that can be retrofitted to Fabias easily?

• Like 1

Genuine mats are ok, my preference is the OEM rubber mat.

Lots and lots that can be fitted to a Fabia.....just keep searching and reading the forum posts, but be warned its a slippery slope, amongst a few performance upgrades I'm currently in hot pursuit of a full touchscreen oem columbus sat/nav stereo headunit.

Hi,

I have just bought a 2013 pre-reg Fabia Monte Carlo Tech in White with 20 miles on the clock.

Not able to pick it up yet as I am waiting for to transfer the number plate off my old car. So it will be a few weeks before I get her.

I wanted one with Cruise Control but as it's a pre-reg I couldn't spec any options.

Can cruise control be retrofitted to a 2013 car???

Also are the Genuine Skoda Fabia car mats any good?

The other thing I think I might buy for it is a set of Black Alloy-Gator rim protectors.

I know i'll cry like a baby if I scrape the alloys, so these might save me some embarrassment!

Is there anything else that can be retrofitted to Fabias easily?

When I got my alloys re-done the garage would sell them to me but advised against it as the alloy gators actually scratch the rim of the wheel (as the gators aren't glued to the alloy  they can move).

I've got the Eibach's fitted to my Monte and it gives it a more purposeful stance

For me wind deflectors are a must. They look decent with all the black trim on the Monte and they stop the rain streaming down the window on the motorway so you can actually see through your mirrors. Team Heko ones off eBay around £25. I've put an arm rest in mine as well. Not everyones cup of tea and not cheap at £135 for a genuine one but with extra storage and somewhere to put your arm its all gd.

• Like 1

Jealous. I missed out on the Tech by a couple of months. Would have saved me a few quid and came with the options I wanted but decided against to keep costs as low as possible. (I'm a poor student you see  :angel: ) Enjoy!

Well I have my number plate on retention now so just need to wait for the new V5 to come through on my old car.

Hopefully just a week to go then I'll be in the Fabia :)

Anyone got any picture of before and after fitting the eibach springs?

If I think the handling needs improving they might be a good buy.

Think I will change the DRL bulbs to LED ones as I prefer the lights to be whiter rather than yellow.

Also might be interested in the armrest as I have one in my current car and think I will miss it (just like the cruise control) as I do alot of motorway driving.

For me wind deflectors are a must. They look decent with all the black trim on the Monte and they stop the rain streaming down the window on the motorway so you can actually see through your mirrors. Team Heko ones off eBay around £25. I've put an arm rest in mine as well. Not everyones cup of tea and not cheap at £135 for a genuine one but with extra storage and somewhere to put your arm its all gd.

I've got the Team Heko wind deflectors, full HID conversion, CREE DRL and side light bulbs, LED number plate and interior bulbs, Blue accent SMD strips in the boot, cone air filter and as of today a centre armrest (genuine brand new £65). Monte Tech is great. Next plan is to 'look at' eibach springs and retrofit cruise control and as a wee treat a Forge BOV :D

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

Ooo... Can they... Any idea on cost?

Last time I enquired it was about £350 fully fitted.

Eibach springs do make a difference and again will be about £350 fully fitted. Does make turn in a lot better and really does help the look of the car. It has never been a stunner but at least it stops it looking like it is on stilts :)

Consider a rear anti roll bar as well, I never got round to fitting one but others will tell you it that it will further enhance the handling.

Finally, someone has answered my question about the wind deflectors. Personally I would say they are a must as when it rains heavily, the water runs off round the side windows and obscures your view of the side mirror. Shame I know now as the VRS is being replaced by an Octavia in a few weeks time. Will get a set for the wife's Monte though.

Enjoy it when it arrives though, I am sure you will love it.

Oh and welcome to Briskoda.

I've got the Team Heko wind deflectors, full HID conversion, CREE DRL and side light bulbs, LED number plate and interior bulbs, Blue accent SMD strips in the boot, cone air filter and as of today a centre armrest (genuine brand new £65). Monte Tech is great. Next plan is to 'look at' eibach springs and retrofit cruise control and as a wee treat a Forge BOV :D

Where did you get the armrest from? That's a great price.

Also looking at switch to LED bulbs for sides and plates. Which ones did you get?

Got the armrest from eBay. ..a German shop, 'signed for' and arrived in 4 days to the Highlands!! Price includes p&p.

The bulbs are noted in another thread

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/197303-Fabia-DRL-(running-lights)-Help-please

I know the ones I have linked work without flickering or error.

I used Feestoon bulbs from carmodshop online.

Interior bulbs are just w5w smd bulbs and an interior smd festoon bulb.

Side lights where also from ebay, CREE canbus bulbs.

I tend to spend a little more on bulbs as I'm very picky with getting the right 'white' light

I have a 2013, Monte Carlo with custom green bits and have a forge BOV custom made green also, worth the investment ;)

regards to bulbs guys any one got the white led plate bulbs which don't throw up errors on the dash??