Yeti 1.4 TSI turbo problem @24700km

lok

Last several days, after 10-15 mins of driving, turbo is starting to choke and engine loose power in brief periods (500-2000ms),

and few times turbo would go completely off, until I stop by the road and restart of the engine and it run fine.

During that "choke/stick/stuck turbo" or whatever its called in english, it's drive like classic 1.4 w/o turbo.

No smoke, no EPC light.

During the "no turbo" period, I tried to rev the engine in neutral, but it took eternity to hit the 4-5K rpms.

First time it happen I thougt its limp mode, since it wont pass 4K rpms, but there was no warning lights!

3 hours ago I left it at the dealer, they already took a brief look at it and phone me something about "turbo is sticking"

and they will look at it thoroughly tommorow.

I hope its something small, because my 2yr warranty expired 9 monts ago...

My dealer is waiting for service instructions from Skoda officials, but whole turbo or just actuator will be replaced fo sure.

But to me as loyal customer who bought 2 Yetis at the same time, more important information will be who will pay the bill, since the warranty expired.

Important Update:

Dealers just call me and say they just received Skoda instruction (sorry for my bad english)... my Yeti need replacement of "exhaust" of the turbo, not the whole turbo.

Even the waranty expired, Skoda did me a favour and since my Yeti dont have many miles on the clock, Skoda will pay for the part, I will pay only mechanics labour.

I asked should I be concern next 20.000kms for another replacement, they assure me it shuldnt happen again.

I asked them is it a factory defect part then (since I didnt find many turbo problem at other 1.4TSI), but they were very evasive about answering that.

All I have to do is wait for part to arrive (7-10 days).

After all, Better than I expected :whew:  :happy:

Edited by lok
  • Like 1