Vrs Spare wheel

mattrsa

Hi Guys

I have having a problem with a slow punction or the tyre no being sealed on one of my wheels so it keeps going flat after about 24 hours. I was going to stick the spare on but then noticed it had one of those stickers on it that said you should not exceed 50mph. So did not put it on. Having another look at it today I have noticed the tyre is the same as the ones fitted to the car 205 45 16 with a 87 load rating which makes me wonder why it had the label on the wheel.

Is the speed rating for the steel wheel itself or perhaps was it for the orginal tyre which was fitted to the spare? as why would a tyre which is the exact same as the ones I have fitted have a speed restriction

Thanks in advance

Matt

If it has a V shaped tread pattern and/or an arrow or marking on the sidewall that shows which direction the tyre should be used in, then its a directional and that will be the reason for the sticker.

If its not (if it says 'Outside' on it its not going to be directional) then the sticker is probably only there so they have a standard part for all cases and if it were not there, should be fine to use normally.

• 1 month later...