Bluetooth Module Upgrade - Redundant Connector?

Hi,

I have just upgrade the bluetooth module from 5N0 0357 30C to 7P6 035 730J. The install itself was pretty simple and all seems to be work.

However, the old module had two connectors whereas the new module only has one. The spare wire has been left unconnected. Does anybody know what this was/is and if it is going to cause me any issues (doesn't seem to at the moment)?

Thanks in advance

If it a relatively small purple connector then its the roof mounted aerial and you have downgraded from a 'Premium' mode to a standard one and won't get text messages on your head unit, phone battery will run down quicker, etc.

Basically the old module used the car as the aerial and the new module uses the phone.

If the connector wasn't a small and purple FAKRA connector then ignore all of the above...

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was the purple plug, guess I didn't do enough research.... Is there a list of what the differences are between standard & premium? I'm pretty happy with what I now have vrs what was there before, but it is a bit annoying to know there are additional capabilites there.