Oil Spec and Service Interval

SkodaETC

I've just bought(from a reputable KIA dealership)a mint condition 2011 1.6 (77kW, CAYC, TDI, CR, DPF) Roomster Scout with 12k miles on the clock and one previous owner. The KIA Dealer did a Service including oil change before I took delivery and stamped the Service Book. However, they were vague to say the least on the type/spec of oil they had used. I'm a great believer both in using the correct spec oil and changing it reasonably frequently. I do these oil changes myself between main Services. I'm sure you'll all be familiar with the 'Engine Oil Specification' section in the Roomster Owner's Manual.For my car it states Oil Spec:VW 507 00 but caveats this by stating that engine oils are undergoing continuous improvement and that the information stated is only correct at the time of publication of the Manual(2011). Please could anyone out there advise me of the following;

1. What is the current best make and spec of oil I should be using? I was thinking about using 'Castrol Edge 5W40 Turbo Diesel' but this only meets VW 502 00, 505 00 and 505 01 standards. However, 'Castrol Edge 5W30' is recommended by Castrol for my car on their website (although it doesn't seem to make any obvious reference to its suitability for Turbo Diesel engines). Castrol recommend Edge 5W30 for both flexible and non-flexible service interval Roomsters and it does meet VW 507 00 standards as required in the Manual.

2. How can I find out whether my car has flexible(QG01) or non-flexible(QG02)service intervals?

I'm dying to get some miles under my belt in the Roomster but want to make sure I have the right oil in before doing so. Any advice will be very much appreciated.

one way might be to buy some oil from the parts dept of your local Skoda dealer, along with an oil filter then you have proof that the correct oil (in theory I know) has been used. As from the age it appears you might still have some of the 3 year warranty left..I would imagine the Kia workshop would have used the oil they normally put in their own diesels

You have a dpf, the oil must be 507.00, 505.00 or .01 is no good. Doesn't matter who makes it must meet the VW spec.

You can also find out whether it is on fixed or variable serving with VCDS and when it was last serviced.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4