Estate Tdi 170 CR DSG Elegance

beak

Afternoon folks,

Am very very close to saying yes to a 13 plate Estate with DSG (for SWMBO who can't drive a manual) with the 170 engine in Elegance trim. We're moving from 3 cars down to 2 - getting rid of the V60 1.6d (lease expiring) and an 08 A6 Avant 2.7 Tdi, but keeping the Lotus Elise :).

Is there anything I need to look out for in this combination, what's the real world MPG I can expect (my Volvo average, as tracked on Fuelly is 47.6 mpg (have achieved 800 miles on one 70 litre tank a few times)?

Do a good 25000-30000 miles a year with plenty of trips to Holland and Germany.

Not really any issues with them ive got a 13plate elegance estate 4x4 170cr and its bl**dy great, I return around the 45 to 50 mpg on a good run. the boot is immense and rear leg room is vast. Driving it is also a pleasure with a more relaxed atmosphere (having come from a 60plate cr Octavia vrs) build quality is also good. Phil.

• Like 2

I have just traded in a 170 DSG with 82,000 miles on the clock and I averaged 45 mpg including a lot of towing a 1600 kg caravan. Best tank fill was 51 and worst 31 (towing). No problems at all with the gearbox. All mpg measured by brim to brim Maxidot was about 10% optimistic