Ink on cream leather seats :(

vRS Joe

Hello,

My parents 2004 Disco has cream leather seats. Unfortunately a front seat passenger had a biro in their back pocket and it leaked.

Various amateur attempts have been made (not by me) to remove it, I think oven cleaner has been used! Doh!

I'm going to have a go at removal and wanted to know what people on here think is the best product for removal of the ink/ restoration of the leather?

Here are a couple of pics...

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

Anyone?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, I have quite a few litres of alcohol in my garage, are you going to Castle Combe? If so I can fetch some with me.

Ink will break down with Isopropyl alcohol, Acetone (nail varnish remover, but the none oily type) Ethyl Acetate and such other fast evaporating hydro carbons.

• Like 1

Joe, I have quite a few litres of alcohol in my garage, are you going to Castle Combe? If so I can fetch some with me.

Ink will break down with Isopropyl alcohol, Acetone (nail varnish remover, but the none oily type) Ethyl Acetate and such other fast evaporating hydro carbons.

Thanks James, I wish I'd checked this thread before the Castle Combe meet.