Felicia fun tick over and running probs

Hi our fun is suffering from a high tickover 2500 revs but not all the time and it also drives cracking most if the time but if your just driving about normally not over revving or driving fast sometimes it goes into kangeroo mode and you have to dip the cluch and rev it quite hard to clear it .

Any ideas would be appreciated I've changed plugs , leads , air filter, oil filter and oil

Hi & I'd almost put money on the fact that you got issues with the throttle body. I had exactly the same with the momentary lurching, which proved particularly tricky up hills (not that there's many on the Romney Marsh!).

To save repetition there is guidance in 'pinned' - common issues & you'll need to access to clean & then re-set. ;)

Cheers for that just had a read through all sounds relatively easy apart from the vag- reset tool !

I haven't got VAG but still carried out a re-set by unhooking the ecu, leaving it for say an hour, re-connect, engage the ignition (don't start) for up to 30 secs and then fire her up. Seemed to work for me but admittedly a bit 'heath robinson' ! ;)