Skoda Fabia 1.2 Htp Juddering Idle

MattM92

So I have a Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP 12v MK2 2007 plate, one day while driving my emissions light started flashing and car lost power, i then had to pull in, restarted car and light stayed on but no longer flashing, car was extremely rough, i took it to garage and it was classes as problems with a missfire, i had spark plugs, coils and also cylinder head (costing a fair amount of money) but after a few months the problem has came back and as was still under warranty i got the same things done again but this time it was rough while idling but no light was on but after a week and a half the warning light is back on!!

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Matt

Its usually a duff coilpak.

Try taking off one at a time and starting. If it starts but runs as it was before then you've found the faulty one. Any other and it probably wont run at all.

GSF or Eurocarparts sell coilpaks at about £25.

When a coilpak goes, its basically undriveable as it judders so much and power is next to nothing. If you disconnect the coilpaks one at a time as I suggested, it'll at least point you to the cylinder thats the problem.

The other things it might be are burnt exhaust valves (did they fit a new cylinder head or just refurbish it?) or some problem with an injector/wiring.

GSF carparts sell 2 grades of coil pak - the premium ones (£27) are bosch originals. Cheap paks are £20. Skoda origianls are £39 at the dealer (you should be able to get 15% off). Of course if it turns out its a coilpak, you should complain under warranty to the garage that fixed it!

Check out that link of inventory-photo's above - contains much more info about what it could be. e.g. Could be an injector seal - I've seen that before - albeit on a diesel

Edited by xman