"Leave to Haze"

PastyBoy

What exactly does "leave/allow to haze" mean?

I've applied products and left them for hours but I've never seen a "haze"

Pictorial examples on paint and glass more than wlcome

"Hazing" Is when the product starts to dry out. It usually goes a bit whitish or misty looking and at this point, usually get wiped off,prior to becoming t00 dry and becoming a pain in the posterior to remove!

• Like 2

This photo from the AutoGlym website on their Extra Gloss Protection paint sealant product page shows a good example of "hazing".

Extra_Gloss_Protection_buff_wit_Hi_Tech_

Edited by boff180
  • Like 1

Thanks gents.

I did leave a wax sealant overnight only to finding it had set rock solid and took some serious elbow grease to then remove.

I tend to find that any surface I apply stuff to looks hazy with product as soon as I put it on so wasn't sure how far I should be letting it dry.

Results still seem ok with whatever it is I'm doing :D

AG EGP and/or SRP are excellent examples of products which haze up.

I too have left products on way too long before whilst they are curing, can be a complete PITA if it's cured too much.

Thanks gents.

I did leave a wax sealant overnight only to finding it had set rock solid and took some serious elbow grease to then remove.

I tend to find that any surface I apply stuff to looks hazy with product as soon as I put it on so wasn't sure how far I should be letting it dry.

Results still seem ok with whatever it is I'm doing :D

You say it looks hazy when you first put it on...  Well after about 10 minutes most products usually start to turn a white'ish kind of colour. You'll visibly see when it changes and begins to dry.

I think we've all left stuff on far too long in the past. Can't say I've ever left anything overnight though ha ha! :giggle:

How long to haze can also be dependant on weather conitions, ie if sunny it can dry a lot quicker.  AG EGP is best left on the car for a minimum of 2 hours in my opinion.  Waxes are bst removed as soon as a white top level is seen as above the can be a **** to remove.

At the beginning of the show season I use AG red, leave on 15 minutes then buff, then I apply AG Gold sparingly and roll the car into the garage. I don't buff for anything from 24 to 36 hrs, never a problem getting it to buff up lovely.

At the beginning of the show season I use AG red, leave on 15 minutes then buff, then I apply AG Gold sparingly and roll the car into the garage. I don't buff for anything from 24 to 36 hrs, never a problem getting it to buff up lovely.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it depends on what you are applying and at what temperature.

Some sealants/waxes require a long cure time, others need buffing off almost immediately

ALWAYS read what the manufacturer says and even Reviews on t'internet

Tis always cooler than a penguins wedding tackle Up North on the Wyre delta in March, that might have some bearing on it. :rofl:

Bingley, that's Saharan, I lived just outside Grassington for over 20yrs, babies are born with fur up there (but that might have been due to a small gene selection pool :giggle: )