Access to boot with cycle carrier fitted

Hi

My new roomster SE is on its way, and I want to use a tow bar cycle carrier, anybody used 

a tiltable cycle carrier for direct access to the boot. Any advice on the pros & cons of using them would 

be welcome.

Roger Sutherden

dartford kent

roomster se 1.2 tsi 85bhp shark blue (one of the £10000 batch)

I have used a tiltable bike carrier since the first Roomie... no problem with boot access once the carrier is tilted. Obviously you have to 'step inbetween' the carrier and bumper, but I can still reach in to get helmets and stuff with no problem.  In fact, this gives one of the best solutions to bike tansport that I have come across. The amount of weight with 3 adult bikes on does worry me slightly - there's an awful lot of weight a long way behind the rear axle, but the car copes well. And as an added bonus the change in aerodynamics keeps the rear window cleaner for longer in wet weather.

No, the towball doesn't affect the sesnsors - the last Roomie had a removable ball, but when left on didn't set the sensors off, new Roomie has a fixed ball and that has the same non-effect. When you fit the bike carrier tho'.. gets really annoying in reverse. I do wish there was an over-ride switch!

Edited by cvennall