This weekends ferrys

Ohhhhhhh lol well in that case that SUCKS!!! Saying that I was due to have mine before driving to Somerset for a week. Wasnt built in time so dealer gave me an elegance loan. Now very glad I didnt have mine as all the mileage went on that one and I didnt have to mind that we were down tiny single track roads etc lol

I had made it clear I was taking my parents away for their holiday and my dad is disabled with a 4 wheeled walking aid so we needed a large car which was reliable. When I found out my vrs wasnt going to be ready for when they promised I asked for a loan car lol. They did apologise that they couldnt lend me the vrs but I was happier with the elegance anyway as its a softer ride for the oldies lol.

Pretty sure my dealer inwardly grimaces/cries/dies a little every time he sees me or gets an email / call from me. I think he cant wait to give me the car and get me (in his words) 'off his back' hahaha

• Like 4

LadyVienna - what private plate have you bought - car or person specific?

A number plate ending "VRS" can be bought for not a lot of money, and things like that appeal to me, being the sad individual that I am.  However, when I send the car back at the end of the finance agreement, a "VRS" numberplate is unlikely to be any use to me!  Did you arrange plate via the dealer or separately?  Is there any added value to the GFV if you agree to let the dealer keep the numberplate when they sell the car on?

(Sorry for hijacking the thread - I don't take my car on ferries, much too dangerous). 

Edited by fiisch

Its a little of both :)

KS63 VRS is the plate. K is the start of my name -----> K's 63 VRS hehehe. See I am also a sad individual lol. My car is bought not on a finance / PCP or whatever deal so it wont go anywhere until I sell it lol. In which case unless I am replacing it with another VRS the plate will stay with the car.

Sorry I've no idea if a private plate will add/remove value to the GFV

• Like 1

D'oh I wish I'd thought of that one first...!

VR5 3 WOW might be worth a look....  Enjoy your cars.  I'm test-driving Tuesday, but with the offers I've had on VRS compared to competitors I'll be a brave man to look further than the new Octavia.

Thought that those of you waiting for your car to arrive in Grimsby might appreciate this shot of a boat arriving in Grimsby Docks, as seen in an art exhibition in the fair town of Grimsby, this morning!

2013-10-20113827.jpg

• Like 2