Is it possible to disable the bulb out error?

akshay1234

Hey guys, I wanted to know if there is any way to code out the bulb out error, so that I don't have to see it on my dash all the time. Or is there any was to disable the headlight bulb checking?

I installed an aftermarket HID kit, and I read here that by coding a few options in central electrics the bulb out light would disappear. Something about enabling xenons. But the light is still there.

Will really appreciate any help.

It is possible to use VCDS to code the car to work with a HID kit.

I too wanted to disable to cold start diagnostics (blown bulb warning system) as I fitted rear LED's to my Superb but was told it isn't possible...

I think that is only for license plate LED bulbs. Or is it for the full system?

That's got me confused now, not sure if it was for the headlights or other lights, sorry!

I know you had posted some time back and were hesitant on using the "CANBUS warning cancellers" which are supposedly some kind of Capacitor setup's. Have you tried using Load Resistors instead?