central locking problem plus tailgate not opening

I hope someone can help with this one! I have been messing around in the fusebox finding switched supplies to work a dash cam and a socket in the storage box on the top of the dash.I found the switched fuses and piggy backed supplies from them no problem, but I now have no key fob locking and I can't manually open the boot from the outside. I tried the second key fob and tried resetting the codes using the two keys system, with no success. the button on the centre console locks and unlocks the 4 doors and not the tailgate.There may be a connection with my fitting a new battery 4 days ago, but everything worked directly afterwards.The strang thing is that I have ended  up with a spare 20amp original fuse and I can't find a home for it! I have been through the fuse list in the owners manual and all the 20amp fuses appear to be installed. Another thread mentions three fuses in the door locking system, and I can only find one.

So the questions are:what fuse controls the switch on the tailgate release mechanism, why is the key fob not working and where does the 20 amp fuse go?

Sorted! By the time honoured method of suck it and see, I discovered that the missing fuse fits in location 34 and everything works. The peculiar thing is that according to the owners manual, this location is unassigned, and according to the the diagram on the fuse cover, it is for heated seats. Makes no sense, but it works.