Couple of things...

1. Did anyone successfully manage to find a fix for rain pouring in when opening the boot lid?

2. Has anyone ever considered getting a power socket into the dash top cubby? Surely manufacturers have caught on that people wanna have satnavs/phones/tablets(anyone?) mounted on the dash and it would be very useful to have a power supply up there instead of cables trailing from the handbrake position? 

Saying that, I liked the mod carried out by someone on here that put 3 power outlets in the small box to the driver's right knee...

1.  http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/244098-almost-non-drip-tailgate/?p=2865397

2. I have a mod similar for Fubar's knee-box one, a 4-port in the glove-box. A hole behind the 4-port big enough to get a mini-(or micro-)USB cable through. Popped off the dash top box, fed the cable from the glove-box up through the hole, adjusted cable as needed and then put the dash top box back. The cable does get pinched a little between the box and the dash, but the dash is a soft material. I also ran a cable into the dash top box for things that needed charging, but not needed to be seen. (MP3 player, the kids phones etc)

I think getting a "normal" power socket into the dash top box wouldn't be difficult, but I don't think there's enough room to plug anything into it easily, or you'd end up with it open all the time.

• Like 1