Now I've gone and done it :-(

Ok,

When I bought what has become my beloved Octavia, I replaced the radio unit with a JVC unit that allowed my mp3 player to be connected.

In doing so, I inadvertently left the CDs in the changer after removing it. No problem I thought, I'll wire it back up some time at my leisure, or possibly not as I intended to keep the car forever. Unfortunately today I was in an M4 pileup that involved 10 cars and the car is going to be a write off.

I've got most of my loose stuff out of the car, but now need to try and get the radio out and the connections and at least put the standard radio back in the car, if not connected, on the back seat.

Is there any quick way I can get the CD's out of my changer, which is not in the car any more.?

TIA

rip it out then disassemble it? 

I believe you can claim back the cost of CDs anyway. My dad got rear ended 2 years ago and was able to claim for literally everything in the car. Including tow rope, cds, jump cables etc etc. 

TBH I'm very reluctant to damage it. I know the car is a write off and whoever gets it will salvage what they can. seems only fair to give them a perfectly good CD changer. I never even thought to claim for them. I suppose as a last resort I could let them go, I have them ripped anyway, so it is not as if I will lose the music. I just put them in whilst I was waiting for all the stuff to arrive to connect an aftermarket unit.

Thanks for the reply.

TBH I am very reluctant to damage it. I know the car is a write off and whoever gets it will salvage what they can. seems only fair to give them a perfectly good CD changer. I never even thought to claim for them. I suppose as a last resort I could let them go, I have them ripped anyway, so it is not as if I will lose the music. I just put them in whilst I was waiting for all the stuff to arrive to connect an aftermarket unit.

Let them go free dude, certainly if you ripped some cd's ........ :rofl:

Let them go free dude, certainly if you ripped some cd's ........ :rofl:

Seriously.........

you ripped some cd's and worried you can't get them out the CD changer........... :rofl:

Yes, I do like to hang on to my stuff. :D