2000 Felicia 1.3Lxi

chicken_eyebrow

FOR SALE - V reg Skoda Felicia Lxi

IMG_0153_zpsaf1675a9.jpg

First a little history.

This car was found on the roadside a couple of years ago advertised as a £250 non-runner by a fellow Briskodian (Beryl's Chief Pilot). Together with one of the ex-technicians from Whitehill Skoda in Meopham he restored the car to working order, including rebuilding the bottom end of the engine and fitting a new timing chain. The car was for his niece to learn to drive in so he also fitted dealer-fit reversing sensors and a blind spot mirror adaptor. His niece ended up getting another car to learn in so Simon sold the car to me in May 2011 when I sold my Octavia.

Unfortunately the service book was lost before Simon bought it so it has no service history but it was serviced and the timing chain replaced as part of the engine rebuild in 2010. Since I've had it I've given it oil and filter changes every year, plus an air filter and serviced the throttle body but it has not had a garage service it. The aux belt pulley disintegrated on the motorway in early 2012 so it had to have a new pulley and belt which were fitted by my local garage (receipts available).

The good points:

- It's economical - does about 40mpg on a run

- 1.3mpi engine is an old Skoda design which is pretty bulletproof, has a timing chain rather than a belt and this was replaced a few years ago

- Only 88,000 miles on the clock, of which only 18,000 since the engine rebuild

- Reversing sensors and blind spot mirror

- Spare wheel and tool kit

- 2 months MOT and 5 months tax

- Front strut brace (fitted as standard)

- Low tax (£130 a year) and insurance (I pay about £250)

- Spare set of wheel trims (it has small ones on in the picture but I have bigger ones that cover the whole steel wheel)

The bad points:

- the bodywork is an absolute mess. I will not lie, it is a real shocker. There is no major rust although there are the odd spots on the door sills. But the amount of scratches, chips and badly touched up paintwork is massive. The offside panel has a section of painted filler near the indicator which has stood up fine while I've had it but looks pretty **** to be honest.

- It runs pretty badly until warmed up (approx 10 mins), if you stall it during this time it is a pig to get started again. It's been like this since I got it and people on here suggested it might be a temperature sensor but that didn't work. Personally I think it might be a leaking exhaust manifold gasket that seals up once the engine is warm.

- There is a slow oil leak from the sump seal at the aux pulley end. I don't know if this was caused by the garage when they replaced the pulley but you can see small patches of oil underneath it where it's been parked. It probably needs the sump removing and a new sump gasket fitting.

- The rear brakes are squeaking a bit, suspect it needs new rear brake shoes to get through the next MOT.

- the interior is a bit old and tired

Other than that it's not a bad car! The reason why I haven't fixed the above issues is the car is worth so little I don't want to be throwing hundreds of pounds at it.

We are selling it as we have just bought a Seat Leon TDI so can't afford to tax and insure two cars otherwise we would have probably kept it as a weekly shopping car.

PRICE - £300

If I don't sell it it will be scrapped (would be a real shame) and I can get about £150 for scrap but it would be great to see it go to someone who wants to break it for spare parts or repair it and use it for a rally or something. If I can get £300 that would be great but I'll accept offers near that. I realise even good ones only go for £600 or so and this is far from good.

If you're interested please PM me for my mobile number and get in touch. I am on holiday between the 1st and 5th November but around evenings next week and next weekend if anyone wants to view it. The car currently has valid tax and MOT and is insured so buyer can drive away as long as they have their own insurance.

Here are some pics

DSC00850_zpsbecb307a.jpg

Engine being stripped and rebuilt

DSC00851_zps5f577031.jpg

New timing chain kit

IMG_0161_zps8e9aca73.jpg

Engine bay

IMG_0160_zps583ad58c.jpg

IMG_0159_zps8671d2ee.jpg

IMG_0157_zps1fb5c006.jpg

Some of the nasty bodywork...

IMG_0156_zps5d2126ab.jpg